Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'd like to say a huge THANK YOU...

These flowers are for you.
The McCartney Rose and Lady's Mantle

I just have to say how grateful I am for all your kind and thoughtful comments these past few days after the death of my beloved cat.

I have been blog hopping and I cannot believe how many great blogs are out there.
The talented writing and beautiful photographic images astound me.

It's a great place to be.

I did some garden clean up and my poppies had fallen over in a gale yesterday...
boats were blown ashore and the Coast Guard was kept busy with pan pans and maydays.
Today it was calm...
I felt calm within my self as well.
I am regaining perspective.

I do not like waste, I recycle
and so I made something out of what could have been compost.


I think this "Poppie Bouquet" works
especially when married in a Sklo vase of pink glass.

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.  ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy






6 comments:

Sydney Shop Girl said...

What a thoughtful post!

Thanks for cheering up my day.

I like the Poppie bouquet very much.

SSG xxx

Anastasia Schembri said...

So sorry to hear of the passing of your Stickley, please know that you are in my thoughts.
And thank you so much, my dear for spreading some cheer with these lovely bouquets, they are just beautiful!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Susan B said...

Beautiful flowers and lovely thoughts. What a great post to read as I start my day!

the gardener's cottage said...

hi leslie,

i love that jfk quote.

the flowers are gorgeous and i hope you are feeling a bit better.

~janet

mette said...

A great wisdom from JFK. It is You, we have to thank for cheering our every day, Hostess. Your posts are so full of optimism, even on a dark day. No wonder your marriage has lasted 36 years. It is a long period when looking ahead, but does it not seem just like yesterday, looking back? Please keep on blogging. We all need You!

The Knitting Instinct said...

Beautiful flowers - so sad to hear about your cat - they are very special creatures.