Friday, January 8, 2010

Collecting diamonds, one heart at a time, creating a family heirloom.




I am a gal who likes sparkle and diamonds are up at the top of my list. Pearls are likely second on that list and then it all goes awry...sapphire blue, emerald green, ruby red, the mind boggles.

I am a collector, so naturally I collect. It doesn't have to be things that are bought, it can be "found items."
I have colored beach glass that I have found and put into a sealer jar. I have found "bits and bobs" in my garden when digging, a rusty jack knife, marbles, a child's ring. I have some shells, some rocks, huge conifer cones, a brick from Sidney Island.



I also collect diamond hearts, or hearts with diamonds. I have them on a bracelet and am making my own memory piece to bequeath, a modern day heirloom of sorts.
I wear this bracelet with my channel set diamond hoops or my simple diamond studs.

I have a pink and yellow gold pave set diamond heart that can be added to any of my pearl necklaces. I particularly like this as I feel somewhat whimsical wearing it.

You may have seen me!

My nose is usually pressed near the glass case in an antique shop looking out for my newest vintage heart! I am serious about creating a family heirloom one heart at a time.


1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

I am a charm bracelet collector and if I saw that bracelet in a case I can tell you my nose would be pressed on the glass to take a closer look. Really lovely!
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!xo