Tuesday, July 17, 2012

OOTD the Island Mavins Show

Sunday morning bright and early saw me dressed and ready to be first in line at The Island Mavins Show.
Held in the lovely historic gardens of Point Ellice House
the sale was a riot of vendors selling handmade and vintage wares.
The weather was grey spotted with patches of summer rain and gloomy.


Burberry jacket
grey tank top by bobi


Jules and James skinny jeans, cuffed of course
Mee Too flats 
with the nod to the equestrian via the snaffle


usus Labradorite earrings

I had a fun weaving my way through the vendors outdoor "shops"
I knew a few of the gals as I frequent their retail shops on a regular basis.
Other vintage fairs are planned for late in August up island
I am hoping to drive up and spend the day exploring the wares and have lunch in one of these lovely spots.



new whites have arrived 
and will be competing for shelf space 
here in The Humble Bungalow
a book for some inspiration...

I can see both these vessels filled with flowers.
Bringing some joy just by being there.

Hope your week is off to a great start.
~ Hostess ~

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Island Mavins sounded like a fantastic place to be . I am so disappointed i did not know about this I would have loved to have gone to this. Your outfit was perfect for the occasion too. Point Ellice house is a wonderful place to visit too. I hope you are enjoying your summer days . Donna

LPC said...

The new earrings look great. And your mom is recovered?

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lisa about the earrings. So you browsed these sales, but did you buy anything? Or were you tempted?

Jan said...

What a fun outing! More photos!

Judith said...

Clever you,you find the most delightful white pieces.Ida

Anonymous said...

I love this neutral outfit - the shoes are awesome!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

She is on the mend but has not regained all her vim and vigor yet. I took her back to the doctor for a follow up and he ordered more tests. It's tricky when your 85 and get side lined with a bug.
Thanks for asking.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I bought the Country decor book, white vases and a plate. I posted an image near the end of the post so you can see them.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I neglected to take any of the show itself...I was too busy browsing and shopping and chatting with the vendors!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

White works for so many situations. I love it for flower arrangements too.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Rebekah and the shoes have enough support to be comfortable too. So many ballet flats on the market are uncomfortable to walk in.

Anonymous said...

Great earrings. They look even better on you. Love the whites you purchased, such charming shapes.