Please don't forget to tell me what makes you feel chic to enter the giveaway...
details are in the previous post.
materfamilias has tagged me in a meme
and I am rising to the challenge by sharing some things about myself.
11 random things about me are;
Spiders scare me...lovely daughter was bitten by a brown recluse spider and it was a horrific experience, her bite took nearly a year to heal and has left her with a scar on her leg the size of a toonie.
I do not like to fly...I have flown several times but have been anxious the entire flight.
I have never pumped my own gas...and I am not particularly proud of this fact.
Very few family and friends know that I have a blog. It's my secret hobby!
I have considered getting my nose pierced with a very small and sparkly diamond stud.
Several years ago I ate an entire pumpkin pie over the course of an afternoon. Incredibly shameful but true!
Metric measurements still challenge me as I was educated when the Imperial system was in use.
I have a crush on Colin Firth.
Potatoes are my favourite food, I love them mashed, scalloped, baked, fried and even potato salad.
It must be my Irish heritage coming through.
While my house may be dusty on any given day it is usually tidy as I cannot stand to live in chaos as it stresses me no end.
I carry a handbag/purse everywhere I go. I get teased about this quirk!
Now to answer mater's questions...
1. What was your favourite film last year and why?
Midnight in Paris was my favourite film last year. I liked it for the cinematography, the costumes, the sets, and the fact that it was set in Paris, a city I long to visit. I saw Midnight in Paris very soon after reading The Paris Wife, which was about Paris in the 20's and the bohemian lives that so many arty types were living. I love Woody Allen's quirkiness when it comes to film and thought that he chose a fine cast of characters to star in his film. I've viewed it twice.
2. If money were no object, where would you spend your next vacation? and why?
I'd go to Paris and the south of France. I have always wanted to go there...I'd love to spend a year in the south of France as dear friends John and Cheryl rave about the warm and friendly people, the beautiful countryside and the lifestyle. I'd love going to market days and poking through the brocantes.
3. Describe the earliest meal you can remember enjoying.
Soft boiled eggs and toast fingers (which we called soldiers)
I remember dipping the soldiers into the runny yellow yolks. It was almost like playing with my food and Mother allowed me to do this. I remember feeling very grown-up.
4. If you were dividing domestic chores with a new roommate, which ones would you try to claim?
The cooking and the kitchen...and the decorating!
5. Do you play a musical instrument? If so, which one?
I played the flute in school but I have given it up now.
6. When you're bothered by prolonged muscle or joint soreness that's interfering with your workout plans, do you visit a General Physician, a Chiropractor, a Physiotherapist, or a Massage Therapist?
My G.P. and I love massage so I'd hasten to book a few sessions at the spa.
7. What activities do you hope will sustain you throughout your 80s and 90s?
Walking, Yoga and perhaps swimming.
8. What was the first important car in your life?
My first one! It symbolized my independence...it was a vintage Zephyr. White with black accents fins at the rear, red leather seats inside, quite posh but so retro in the 1970's!
9. What was the most significant course you ever took?
Oh I have taken so many courses over the years I really cannot choose just one!
Maybe Lamaze preparing for natural childbirth.
10. If you had the resources, which elementary or high school classmate would you try to track down, and why?
Louise Kahn. She and I enjoyed and played music together. She was very pretty and creative and so interesting. Her father was a professor and they lived in a large arts and crafts home that was furnished eclectically and had vast stacks of books strewn everywhere. They moved to New York when her father was transferred to another university and we lost touch. I have always wondered what happened to her.
11. Which chef would you like to have come to your house to prepare a meal for your guests -- or, alternatively, give you a cooking lesson in that chef's professional kitchen?
Jamie Oliver! I'd like to go to his home to meet his lovely family before sitting in his kitchen, watching him make me a tasty meal.
The rules are:
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them
Part of my participation requires that I tag a few bloggers who would kindly post and answer the 11 questions that I pose to them.
I understand that not everyone likes to, or has the time to play along....but if you were to join in here are my 11 questions.
1. What name would you choose for yourself if you could pick your own name?
2. Who would you most like to meet and spend an evening getting to know?
3. What are your pet peeves?
4. If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
5. If money were no object where would you like to live?
6. How would you describe your fashion style?
7. Who influenced your life the most?
8. What is your favourite book?
9. What have you discovered about yourself that surprised you?
10. What is your favourite blog?
11. What 5 beauty products would you take if you were to go to a desert island?
OK now this is where it gets tricky....
I now need to ask you to if you'll participate...
If you are too busy I will undertsand completely...
Lisa, the author of the privilege blog has just returned to work after spending 2 years as a lady of leisure. She hails from a High Wasp background and has grown up in style. Her blog was the first I discovered and remains one of my all time favourites.
Duchesse has recently moved to Montreal. She has a great sense of style, loves pearls and I'd like to know more about her. She writes the blog passage de perles.
Adrienne lives in wine country and is a volunteer coordinator with a flair for fashion. I hope that she'll share with us some tidbits about herself. You can visit her at the blog A Rich Life on a Budget. She's very friendly and has impeccable manners.
Today felt like any other day except that I broke my tooth eating a cracker today at lunch...
and I swallowed the part that broke off!
I'll be supping on soft foods and soups until I see my dentist for a crown.
My mouth feels so odd,
thankfully there is no pain...
and I hope there won't be any.
I am not a fan of the dentist, drills and drilling.
On a positive note
my dentist has the most beautiful baby blue eyes...
How's your week going?