Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The cats are ruling the roost...

Chester our youngest cat has taken to climbing in a big way.
He has been leaping up on top of our kitchen cabinets and walking along the plate rails.

We have taken to clapping loudly to discourage this behaviour when we are home but when we are away he'll be free to climb to his heart's content.



Before 


Rescued in the nick of time...


After!
`
I've got to find a new place for these jars, somewhere safe.
I think I'll display them in my glass fronted cupboards in The Humble Bungalow Kitchen.

I blame it on the birds...
they are flitting about flying and chirping outside these windows.
Chester can see them and being a hunter he'd love to catch them.
He's up on the ledges swatting at the glass, mewing and chirruping.

I know our lives have been enriched by this little fellow
so I am happy to store a few breakables away until this phase passes...
if it ever does!

Pepper and Chester are racing about The Humble Bungalow right now.
It's a game they love to play and good exercise.
I wait until they're tired out before straightening the area rugs that have flown in their wake.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I'm going to embrace random acts of kindness as my focus this week 
I'll see what things I can do to make a difference
or just make someone smile
(perhaps you'll join me)

Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Adrienne Shubin said...

Oh those kitties! My cat decided he preferred my favorite bedside glass of water to his own perfectly fine bowl this morning, leaving cat hair all over the rim.

I look forward to hearing about your random acts of kindness..and I will fit a few in myself this week.
xo, A

Kristien62 said...

My poor departed kitty, Boots, had an affinity for my glass sugar bowls. I liked the simple, glass ones from Crate and Barrel. She would jump on my island or cabinet, wherever the bowl was placed, and swat it until it crashed to the ground. Sugar everywhere! This happened more than once so, of course, we put it away. But she never did this to any other household object. I always wondered why. Perhaps, she enjoyed my reaction when she did it-*&%&&*##- some of the choice words that managed to escape as I tried to clean up that sugar. Still, I miss her.

Anonymous said...

Oh I don't know how you have the patience, I'd be a terrible pet owner, I'd have them in strait jackets.

mette said...

Odd, but true. When we still had our cat, Emil ( 6 years ago ), he used to hop on tables and on every possible place, but never, ever dropped or broke one single object - light nor heavy. He moved about like a ballerina.
But - the dogs, omg. Anything at the height of their wagging tails ended down on the floor; broken lamps, glass jars, spilled coffee cups or drinks of any kind placed on the table.
I think that your cats will keep up their habit, but if they are not chased/or they are not chasing - say a bird -inside the house, perhaps no damage will ever happen.

Jennifer said...

I always feel better when I perform random acts of kindness. Thanks for the reminder of this. Have a great week!!

Pondside said...

I love the jars, and I'm glad that you were able to save them!
I'm away for work this week, and I am focusing on really listening to the people who are telling me their stories - sometimes it's hard after 30 in one day - but that will be the focus of my kindness - to truly be present.

Gretchen said...

Chester's expression says it all: "why no, I never would break a jar/catch a bird/chase Pepper around the house, as I am a sweet, innocent kitty!". I am all for your random acts of kindness, this week and every week. Let's start a new trend of generosity and civility, I say...

KSL said...

We used to have 4 retrievers - everything coffee table height would get knocked over by their wagging tails, and if I turned my back on food on the counters in the kitchen - all gone. They were of varying ages, and all lived to be close to 17, but as they passed, we didn't replace them. We now have two miniature dachshunds that cause no trouble at all.

Random acts of kindness...a good thing to be reminded of. I will absolutely join in.