Thursday, December 12, 2019

Quick Hostess Gift


Tis the Season

Comfort and Joy
such
a wonderful sentiment.

When I think of comfort I think of cozy.

Hot tea
warm blankets
candlelight
soup
cashmere sweaters
woolly scarves
cozy socks
and 
a soak in the tub with scented bath salts.


If you enjoy making gifts this recipe is quick and easy.
It may be something that you'll enjoy giving,
 perhaps you will keep one for yourself.

The cost of the ingredients are relatively inexpensive.
 You can double or triple the recipe depending on how many jars you have to fill.


I peruse the local thrift and charity shops for jars.
You can use any glass container
recycled or new.

 It must have a lid
to keep the essential oil scent from evaporating.

If you give a big batch in a large glass container 
it's nice to tie on a small scoop with some ribbon or thin twine.
You could also add a piece of fresh holly.

I made the bath salts with rose essential oil.
In the past I have used lavender with great success.

A gift for the Hostess.


Hope you are enjoying the Festive Season.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

Soaking in a scented bath is wonderful! Great gift idea!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

This is a great idea. Thank you.

Maria said...

Just curious, how much salt mixture do you use in a bath?

Madame Là-bas said...

I've tried your recipe and I really like it. Glass jars mean less plastic in the bathroom. I really enjoy a long soak. For the first time, I tried a handmade bar shampoo. Hotels are eliminating the plastic single use travel size bottles. The bar worked well. My hair was not fly-away or frizzy. I'm going to look for a similar product when I get home in January.
Have you found any refillable o

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It’s especially nice after a busy week or after working hard in the garden.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hope you like the bath salts! Great for sore muscles after a day working in the garden.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I use about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup depending on how much water I put into the tub!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have not found refillable options for my shampoos.
Handmade bar shampoo sounds interesting...I am using Aveda Blue Malva for my grey hair and it’s quite a vibrant shade of blue! 💙