Friday, December 27, 2019

Victoria Sponge with Lemon Curd

Recently I discovered that Bonne Maman makes lemon curd and I do love their jams so I wanted to give this a try.

I love the flavour of lemons.

An easy choice was opting to bake a Victoria sponge...
It is a basic cake that can be filled with jams
or in this case,
the star of the recipe...
Lemon Curd.








Hope you enjoy this cake recipe.
It is quick and easy.

We enjoyed our Christmas Holidays very much.

Seeing members of our small family was a highlight.

Our daughter and her husband accompanied us to Butchart Gardens for a festive dinner and a walk around the garden which is all lit up with festive holiday lights and
displays for the 12 Days Of Christmas.

Our son and the grandchildren spent Boxing Day with us.
We had a casual brunch and then a turkey dinner with all the fixings.
Salmon was on the menu for Isla the eldest grand who prefers not to eat meat.

Today I've made a tasty turkey vegetable soup for lunch.

The past few days of cooking and entertaining have kept me very busy.
The table linens and napkins are all washed, folded, ironed and put away.
Knitting and a leisurely walk with my husband sound like a great way to spend a few hours...

Now I am wondering...
what will I cook for dinner tonight?

Hope you had a lovely Holiday.

Cheers!

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Jen Lawrence said...

I would not be able to eat the cake due to allergies that but it sure is pretty! I'm glad your holidays were lovely. Enjoy this week leading to the new year! Xx

Barbara said...

The cake looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I noticed that the curd label says, "new", so I hope my grocery carries it. If not, Trader Joe's makes a pretty good one and I'll substitute with that. Wishing you and yours a wonderful and Happy New Year!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Not too sure what allergies you have but if it is gluten you could use an alternative flour...or if it is lactose a lactose free milk? We have a friend who suddenly developed a serious seafood allergy it was quite frightening as anaphalactic shock requires immediate treatment...we were just so relieved that the hospital was nearby!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The Bonne Maman curd is new to us here in Victoria but it may not be new in France it may be a newer export to North America...not sure where you live but I heard that Cross and Blackwell make a jar of lemon curd. Good luck with your hunt!
Hope you enjoy the cake.

KSL said...

I make a similar dessert with the Bonne Maman lemon curd. I bake an olive oil, almond cake and prick the baked top with a fork and put some fresh lemon juice in and spread some of the curd on the top with powdered sugar. I love lemon desserts too.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sounds lovely! I have made an olive oil cake I think it is one of Nigella Lawson’s recipes.