Here I am
not dressed for a try on
was not expecting to go to the shops.
Wearing my Bermuda shorts, white Tee and oversized Ralph Lauren shirt.
Turnabout is an upscale shop
lots of designer items
posh bags
and
there were a group of tourists
women
who were trying on all the LV bags.
There must have been a dozen LV bags in different style and sizes.
Quite the excited vibe when I entered the store.
I think there were several sales and some very happy customers.
I made the rounds of all the racks on the main floor set aside some clothes by the fitting room then went upstairs to see the markdowns and dedicated style racks.
7 items...
mostly black dresses
Silk loose style with interesting trim and the neck and cuffs.
Didn't feel like a good choice...too boxy.
Price was good but I couldn't see it as a "workhorse" dress.
Fitted too close to the Body...
too snug...not flattering.
Now this one felt better...
a bit longer than I had originally imagined
but still...
it has side pockets.
Nice jersey knit, good weight, drapes well.
Swing skirt...
very packable.
Got to go out to the bigger mirror to get a better look.
Two women commented right away...
positive feedback
one was a staff member the other was a customer.
The dress set aside while finishing trying on the other garments.
Super soft "sweatshirt" top for cooler shore days.
So cozy, great neutral colour, layering piece.
Under the puffy vest or the jean jacket.
I purchased the top...
and the dress.
Both items were very reasonably priced...
I found a crinkle linen scarf/wrap in the thrift shop on Salt Spring
when we were there a few weeks ago...
it is black, grey and white wide swatches of colour.
Is very large so I think it will be a warm wrap for evening meals in the dining room.
Have pretty much got my cruise wardrobe ready now.
Not packing a ton of clothes but everything will be versatile enough to mix and match with all the items.
I'll take a few scarves as they add colour, interest and texture.
I bought a pair of New Balance walking shoes, have my Taos black sandals
and the black casual Remonte shoes and I need to decide which dressy pair to pack.
The Ferragamos or the Amalfi's both black with low heels and classic.
Will pack: Lord and Taylor cashmere black turtleneck sweater,
casual pair and dressy Eileen Fisher black pants.
Blue and white Tommy Bahamas dress
white linen short jacket
Uniqlo tees ~ black and white
white linen Sigrid Olsen shirt
white tank
grey Eileen Fisher linen vest
denim shirt
Betty Barclay navy puffer vest
new sweatshirt
new black dress
Columbia raincoat
denim Angels jean jacket
DKNY bathing suit
nightgown and lingerie
sox
warm hat, scarf and gloves for Glacier Day.
I've been under the weather with a summer cold and cough.
The cough is hanging on much longer than one might expect...
the nurse that listened to my lungs
said she had the same virus in May and it lasted 3 weeks.
Hopefully it eases soon as I have some plans to visit Salt Spring Island for a few days and I would be very disappointed if I have to cancel my plans.
So I'm taking Zinc and vitamin C
hydrating like crazy and taking life easy.
Looks like Chester is taking life easy :-))
Chester loves to come outside on the deck.
He's an indoor cat so we only permit him out there when we are both out there.
I suppose he is getting his dose of vitamin D
Have you had a summer cold?
Hope you are enjoying a fun summer...
Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
Until next time
~ Be Well and Be Kind ~












No comments:
Post a Comment