Friday, January 29, 2021

OOTD ~ It's all about pearls...


Cashmere V neck sweater by Black Goat overtop a simple denim shirt and jeans.
My "go to" OOTD for cooler winter days.

It has been given a wee bit more "oomph" 
with the acquisition of a vintage baroque pearl pin.

Darling daughter @thingfinder on Instagram 
had this pin ready to list in her ETSY shop 
when I spied it and saw just how exquisite it is
I knew that I wanted it!


The pearl looks like a juicy pear...

The jeweller must have seen it too 
an opportunity to create leaves and accentuate the pear shape.
A work of art.


Lovely nachre...
just a tip to those of you who may not be familiar with genuine pearls
do not spray them with perfume or scent as it destroys the natural lustre.


OOTD
black camisole fringed with lacy edges
Lands' End new cashmere cardigan

Gisel B pearl necklace from a previous My Stylish French Box delivery from France.



Layers in my hair thanks to my recent visit to my hairdresser...
my last visit was in September.
It felt wonderful seeing her and I enjoyed the "pampering."


Camellias are in bloom!


January bud on our Gertrude Jekyll rose 
out in the front garden of The Humble Bungalow.

Have you purchased any new clothes to wear during Covid?
Are you wearing athletic wear and casual cozy clothes?

I mix it up.

Some days I will wear my Yoga pants and go for longer walks.
The problem for me is that they are so forgiving...
so I think they have given me a sense of comfort despite gaining a few pounds...
my jeans tell me to stop eating so much, move more and get in shape!

So jeans are my guide to wellness.

Current Goals:

Walking more, counting my WW points and drinking less alcohol.

Have you embraced new healthy habits?
Wishing you good luck on your fitness journey.

As a small "non food reward" for my efforts...
I've ordered a vintage classic handbag and when it arrives I will share it with you all.

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
Have some fun in your weekend whatever you do.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

14 comments:

La Contessa said...

LOVE THE PIN!
WHEN YOU TIRE OF IT MOVE IT ON TO ME!IAM A BARQUE PEARL GAL ALL THE WAY!!!
HAVE WE EVER SEEN A PHOTO OF YOUR DAUGHTER?
XX

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I don't think I will get tired of this pin!!! I love your baroque pearl earrings...we have good taste Contessa! LOve your new haircut.
I posted a picture of Jennifer on the blog a few years ago...you can go to her Instagram @thing_finder and see her pictures...in her stories she often shows us her new thrifted outfits.
Stay safe

Polly said...

Your pearl pin is absolutely gorgeous, lucky you, spotting it when you did. I'm wearing casual wear every day which is nice and comfortable but not good for the waistline!

Jeannine said...

Your new haircut looks great!

Madame La-Bas said...

With the layering of your jewelry, you have really "taken your outfit up a notch." Did you use the round brush on your hair? I like the way that it curls with your new trim. I had my telephone talk with the doctor. She asked about weight. I evaded with "I'm still wearing the same size" but I would like to make some of those healthy changes. How does your daughter find her "things?" She does have an eye. There seems to be a market for vintage jewelry and mid-century objects. I was surprised when I listed some Scandinavian china from the 70's, there was a tremendous response. I'm waiting for my daughter who lives alone to come to visit. We are doing "decluttering projects" together. Pandemic times are interesting times! Bon week-end!

Carol in VT said...

The pin is the first thing I noticed when the picture loaded! It is lovely. The combination of the delicate necklaces is perfect.
I laughed out loud when I read your question, "Have you purchased any new clothes to wear during Covid?" Ummm, yes, too many, but most are not for home but for traveling when we finally get to do it. Carol in VT
I was not eating carefully this fall and through the holidays so I was getting rather chunky. So, as of January 4 I returned to the Keto diet, recommended by our doctor as it helps my husband regulate his Type 2 diabetes. And two weeks later I added snow shoeing in the woods. However, since it has been well below zero F recently, I've opted for the treadmill that looks out over my bird feeders. I don't exercise outside if it is colder than 25 degrees F as it kicks up my asthma. My plan has worked well. My clothes fit better and I am sleeping better. Win-win.

Noelle said...

I’d like to see more of your new your hairdo. It looks as if the waves are back but it’s hard to tell.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I've found that wearing stretchy pants are so comfy...too comfy and I have been avoiding the scale. I had a talk with myself and have started making some changes! I hope to see some results in a few weeks. Good luck Polly!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Jeannine..Its much lighter and has more style than the blunt cut that I have been wearing for the past year!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I didn't use a brush I twirled some sections into corkscrew shapes and let them air dry.I am still wearing the same size too but my clothes feel too snug...with the exception of the stretchy yoga pants! Jennifer shops in thrift and second hand stores mostly.De-cluttering is a good idea now that we are home so much...I've been tidying drawers and cupboards and went through my skincare products and culled a few things that were really out of date.
Take care and enjoy your visit with your daughter!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Ah good to hear that you are helping keep the economy going in VT Carol. Good to hear that your Keto and exercise regime has helped you shed a few pounds. That's my goal too...I know I will feel better at a lighter weight. Walking more has added muscle and my stamina is improving.
Take care Carol and enjoy your weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The waves are easier to encourage into curls. My hairde=ressed told me to twirl the sections into a corkscrew shape and allow the hair to air dry...I use Bumble and Bumble Be Curly spray on my wet hair and it seems to work well.

GG said...

You are so beautiful, inside and out! What an inspiration of living life well. I love your new haircut, pearls, roses and most especially you & your wonderful blog! You've been a light in the storm during this pandemic year, for which I will always be eternally grateful!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

GG writing on my blog is a creative outlet which gives me great pleasure and if by chance I have brightened up someone's day that is a gift!
Take care and stay safe.