Monday, January 4, 2021

Pop of colour ~ Rouje Lip Compact from Paris

 


Rouje
Lip Compact from Paris
01- Signature

New lipsticks for 2021


Beautiful Rouje gold case and a gold lip brush by Jane Iredale.
Some women might like to use their fingers to apply the lipstick. 
I prefer a lip brush.


We are all wearing masks these days for safety
but when I am at home or out for my walks I want to add a pop of colour.
This compact feels luxurious and with the variety of lip colours I can vary the shade depending on what I am wearing that day.


The lipsticks run true to colour.
 Are very emollient and last a long time.


This is the bold red lip.


The plum shade.


I wear very little make up so I focus on my lips.
A couple of readers emailed me asking about my skincare regime...

I use Avene 3 in 1 cleanser
Mad Hippie daily facial oil and at night Mad Hippie Vitamin A serum
I wait 10 minutes then follow up with rosehip night cream by Sukin.

I avoid the sun and use Avene BB cream with an SPF.

I hope that answers some of your questions.
If you have any more queries please leave me a comment.


Winter bloom on Jude the Obscure a David Austin Rose.

Wishing you a wonderful week.
Take time to nurture yourself...we are living in a strange time and it is easy to forget to make time for those rituals which are soothing and relaxing.

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

18 comments:

Margie from Toronto said...

I miss lipstick - with wearing a mask so much I find that the only time I wear lipstick is on one of my Zoom meetings! :-)

That is a lovely compact.

Patricia said...

Your skin is lovely ! So smooth and flawless ... I have been loving your blog for years - so peaceful and lots of interesting info !

sensitive poet said...

Beautiful lipsticks - both colours, maybe even a combo of the two? Your skin looks so lovely and well cared for. Congratulations and best New Year wishes!

Jeannine said...

I especially like the plum shade on you. Thanks for sharing your tips, they're always appreciated.

Lorrie said...

My lipstick tube is lasting longer these days! I still wear lipstick under my mask because I take it off and on so much. Love the plum colour.

Patti said...

Do you know if this can be purchased in the US? It looks lovely ☺️ and elegant.

hollybholly said...

I miss wearing blush too! No need to put it on only for your mask to wipe it right off! Upside? We are saving money on makeup! BTW ... like the plum best.

GG said...

Your skin is flawless and you are such a beautiful person, inside and out! Thank you for helping us get through the pandemic with your encouraging and informative posts. Sending much love & gratitude!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Many women are finding lipstick annoying while we are all wearing masks as it transfers onto the mask and smears. Zoom is providing us an opportunity to be seen safely!
Take care Margie

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Patricia, it is a peaceful time for many of us who are staying at home a lot during the pandemic. I could use a wee bit more excitement though...nothing stressful just more variety!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I will experiment with the lip palette and see what combinations work...a little artistry could be fun non?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hope that you are keeping well Jeannine. Is this the year that you are planning to retire? I cannot remember. The plum shade is very much like my natural lip colour and so it goes with most everything...a great basic shade.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have two other tubes of lipstick on the go right now and they are almost finished...I wonder if the make up companies have noticed a decrease in lipstick sales with us all wearing masks?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It can be ordered directly from the rouje website in Paris. I know of no retailers in Canada or the US that carry the products. Jeanne Damas who owns Rouje in Paris sells clothing and accessories too...the leather handbags are swoon worthy!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We seem to be saving money on certain things during the pandemic but my goodness food prices are way way up!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

GG you are most kind...thank you for those words of encouragement. I do appreciate them. We are all in this together and soon we will be able to get the vaccine and get back to being able to be more social...I really miss my weekly bridge games and to be able to entertain again sounds wonderful.
Stay safe

Polly said...

You have some lovely lipsticks. I love lipstick but haven't worn much during lockdown. I wear concealer, mascara and use a brow pencil when going to the shops.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am now rimming my eyes with a soft Kohl pencil...the lipsticks are cheerful but they don't really show up when one is wearing a mask!