Sunday, November 1, 2020

Halloween during Covid...

 


Spooky Halloween Eve


Choosing pumpkins for Halloween with the grandchildren at a local farm.

We wandered about the pumpkin patch for about 45 minutes searching for the perfect specimens for our Jack O' Lanterns.


So many choices!
Difficult to opt for just one, so we ended up choosing two each.


Our wee pumpkins on the front porch table.


Packages of assorted treats in zip loc bags.
50 packs


Ready for the trick or treaters!
Large PVC tube on the left, for the safe delivery of the packages of treats.

We bundled up in out down coats.
I wore my scarf, gloves and a hat.

It was fun to see the costumes and hear the excitement of the children as they made their way up and down our block.

We turned the lights out when we ran out of treats at around 7:30.

Did you celebrate Halloween?
How did you do things differently so it was Safe?

Time is flying by and it is already November.

Take care.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Patricia said...

Well done with the PVC tube and the 50 packages in zip lots. You have mastered Halloween in Covid beautifully. It sounds like the weather has turned to Winter there, with gloves scarfs and hat - which I always take to Canada with me :)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The weather is cooler not icy or snowy but definitely true to season. I don’t like feeling cold so I always wear a scarf and I find a wool hat helps me stay warm. Down coats and jackets are my go to as well! Back east where your family live the weather is much colder!
Stay safe Patricia!

La Contessa said...

VERY CUTE.........we only had three.I open Dutch door and hold bowl at their level........all good!

Madame La-Bas said...

It sounds as though you shared some of the safe Halloween traditions. It was very quiet here as far as children but there seemed to be a lot of fireworks. Our weather is now very November. A good book and a bowl of soup would be great!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

A Dutch door sounds like a great option for handing out treats! I am guessing you and the Italian will have some sweets to enjoy !

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am reading The Long Call by Ann Cleaves and yesterday I made coconut curry soup so I must be in sync with you! Enjoy your week, it’s a rainy one here.