Wednesday, October 7, 2020

OOTD ~ I met up with the fashion savvy blogger Jennifer, who writes A Well Styled Life



OOTD 

Jeans ~ Eileen Fisher
Top ~ Saint James
Ballet Flats ~ Josef Seibel


A messy updo
diamond studs and necklace
pearl earrings


a fresh manicure
Kimono Crimson by Pacifica


Meet
Jennifer Connolly

We had tea and a chat at Murchies.
She is on vacation and was in Victoria for a few days.

You probably already know
Jennifer who writes the blog A Well Styled Life.

We have known each other since 2007.
 This is the first time that we have met in person.

Jennifer is a gracious and fashion savvy woman with a winning smile.

We had a lovely time sipping our tea and chatting.
It felt fabulous to finally meet her in person.

Her series "Dressing room Diaries" is one of my favourites on her blog.

I told her how she has influenced me over the years.

For example...
 I recently purchased a new crisp white shirt 
after reading her post on classic white shirts!

Meeting Jennifer was truly wonderful.
I hope to meet up with her again...

Making connections with other like minded women 
unites, empowers and inspires us.

Thank you for popping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

14 comments:

Susan said...

Love your OOTD Leslie!

Rita said...

I know Jennifer’s blog bit she is American. What is she doing visiting Canada during Covid??!!

Becky said...

I'm in the market for a white blouse too. Where did you get yours?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Susan ! Hope you are staying well.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Rita Jennifer is definitely Canadian. Most of her family live in BC. She used to have a home up Island. I know she has a home in California where she spends most of her time. She brought her daughter back from California as her daughter lives in Vancouver. They quarantined for the required 14 days then she visited her brothers on our island. When she goes back to the US she will quarantine for two weeks. She is a very responsible and respectful woman, I know she will not put anyone at risk.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I bought mine a few weeks ago from Old Navy. It’s a longer one which makes it easy to wear with my dressy slim Eileen Fisher pants. I can tuck it into jeans or leave it loose. It was about $40 well made in quite a crisp cotton.

Madame La-Bas said...

I really enjoy Jennifer's blog. Her choices are perfect for a retired casual lifestyle. My favourite feature is her " would you wear this?" that she does with Pam on the week-ends. For me, attention to detail in day to day dressing is essential for my self esteem. I really like your "messyupdo". Mine is really messy.

Jennifer said...

It was so fun to meet finally meet you! I can't believe I forgot to take a selfie of the two of us. Next time let's plan a longer visit.

Jennifer said...

It was so very fun to finally meet you! Next time let's plan on a much longer visit! xx

Bonnie said...

Yes, I have followed Jennifer for several years as well. Your time together sounds delightful! Have a wonderful weekend!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yes those would you wear this posts are fun. I lked the recent one with the mannequin wearing the bold red coat! Messy updo's are easy when you have wavy or curly hair like we do!
Happy Thanksgiving

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Jennifer, It would be fun if we could spend some more time together!
I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Bonnie it has been a busy time here hosting dinners as it is Canadian Thanksgiving.
There was a wind and ran storm yesterday but this morning we awoke to blazing sunshine. Having dinner tonight just the two of us...will be quiet!
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Joan said...

You look great, enjoy your blog so very much...responding to your latest on self care, yes, I do use epsom salts in my hot bathtub soak every other day.
Also I do put on make-up and jewelry when I meet for my art class once a week, or meeting up with friend, all with masks, outside and social distancing, but otherwise I am usually pulling weeds, or trying to keep up with the detritus the cats and my hubby bring inside...the house cleaners come tomorrow, but I still vacuumed today b/c I prefer my own vac to get up all the cat hair, dust, etc. I am allergic to dust and pollen and I neglected to doing it mid-week. I count that as self-care.