Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Tulip Mania...and a surprise!

The Spring tulips are magnificent in colour and form...
tulip mania is very real here in The Humble Bungalow!



Intricate patterns and vibrant details.


I've been gardening in these pretty grey pearls...
a gift from our darling daughter.

Love this soft worn in chambray shirt from the Gap.
Its years old and a favourite of mine.

It is so very cozy and in these troubling times I am wearing only comfy clothes.
Cashmere, chambray and yes! Yoga pants.
Keeping it real here.

My days are slow paced and provide a variety of activities...
gardening, dusting, cooking, reading, knitting and walking.

I never know exactly how my days will shape up.

Coffee and checking in with social media and the news are the first things...
Sitting still and looking out the window
while quietly reflecting
on things that I am grateful for and that practise sets the tone for the day.


I don't usually gravitate toward suspense thrillers...
 this one by Shari Lapena caught my eye and WOW!

I read it in two days and was riveted to my seat!

The ending has a real twist!

Reading is such a fabulous distraction.

I am "escaping" every day through books during this pandemic.

How are you doing?

What are you reading?


Chester napping...he makes it look effortless to fall asleep!
I envy him...


Rosemarie who resides in Vancouver sent me these sweet socks.
Cheerful and soft, perfect for these cozy comfort clothing days...

Thank you Rosemarie.
XO


I am going to start reading this book later today.

In the meantime I am going to water the garden and do some laundry.
Routines help fill the time while we are staying home so much.

Are you keeping busy?

Stay safe

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

annette said...

Always happy to see a post from you. I have read the Elizabeth Berg book that you are about to read. I believe I've read everything of hers,She writes with so much compassion for the human condition.Also,if you are on Facebook,you can read her Facebook posts which are wonderful

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hi annette,
I have read several of Elizabeth's books before and like the sounds of this one....she is a very gifted and talented writer. I will see if I can find her FB page...thank you!

La Contessa said...

I DO THE SAME AS YOU!Today was a vacuuming day...............reading and editing a BLOG POST FOR TOMORROW!ALSO making a soup for the PIGGY.Another family saves their compost for him and we chop it all up and cook it and call it SOUPA!
READING DOES TAKE US AWAY............I can't remember the title but its about the STANDARD OIL HEIRESS.I started today and did not get far!

Sheila said...

Lovely tulips, and aw, Chester is so pretty. Your pearls are gorgeous!

I'm keeping it real too - in my usual bright and colourful way!

Lorrie said...

I saw the Couple Next Door on your Instagram page early this afternoon, went and downloaded it from the library, and finished it all in one sitting. What suspense! And the ending! I'm gutted!

Madame La-Bas said...

I really enjoy Elizabeth Berg's books too. Rosemarie is such a generous and encouraging person. I really like your pearls. My go to earring are grey pearls that my daughter found at a local jeweller. I miss shopping and lunching with my daughter.

Jen Lawrence said...

Beautiful tulips! I like Elizabeth Berg but haven't read that one. Let us know if you enjoy it. I've been living in my garden and trying to keep things "normal" for my kids. Routine is everything as is comfort (I'm living in Roots sweats just like I did in high school!) Stay safe! Xx

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sounds like you are keeping busy. I think pets really help us stay calm and grounded as well as being special valued members of the family.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I like your bright and cheerful outfits! You have such a flair for fashion!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I know!!! That book had me flipping pages quickly trying to figure out who was the culprit...and as you say...the ending was a real SHOCK!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have grey pearl earrings too....studs and drops.
Actually wearing my drops today.
I must come over to visit Steveston when we get permission to travel and shop...I like those windows of the shops that you shared on your recent blog post.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Its a very insightful book...Elizabeth Berg is a very gifted writer. I am halfway through it now and am completely absorbed in the story.
Your OOTD is very Canadian ~ Comfort and Cozy!