Monday, January 6, 2020

Many hands....


(my parade float with horses)

We had the great pleasure of entertaining the 3 darling grands 
on Saturday this past weekend.
As the rain would not abate we spent the day indoors.
We dumped the bin full of Lego on the dining room table and began to use our imagination and get busy creating...


Mira and I collaborated on a castle with a small but very tall flower "garden"
Isla made a mansion with a rooftop garden.
Henry made a police car with a very secure looking jail.

After we cleaned up 
Grammy made dinner and set the table.
While dinner was cooking in the oven the grands played with play doh at the kitchen table.







Today I am spending time cleaning up the kitchen and bathroom.


I can easily procrastinate but the earlier I commit to getting a job done 
the better chance that I will be successful...

Playtime for Grammy will come after I finish!


My kitchen "work station"


Playtex gloves and a lavender scented cleaner by Method.
Great for grime and dirty jobs.

I use this in the bathroom on the sink, toilet and claw foot tub.


It is great on counter tops and walls...

a great laundry stain remover 
I spray it on the spot and gentle use a small brush to remove the stain.

Method doesn't know that I am a fan of their products or that I am writing about their cleaner on the blog.

Simply sharing a very helpful product with you in case you are interested...
it makes my job here a lot easier and it may help you too!

With all that is happening right now in our world 
I cling to routines and rituals for comfort.
Do you?

How are you coping in light of the recent events?



“When tea becomes ritual, 
it takes its place at the heart 
of our ability to see greatness 
in small things. 
Where is beauty to be found? 
In great things that, 
like everything else, 
are doomed to die, 
or in small things 
that aspire to nothing, 
yet know how to set a jewel of infinity in a single moment?”

~ Muriel Barbery ~
 The Elegance of the Hedgehog

I read recently
 "Knitting is the new Yoga."

That's how I feel when I am knitting...
peace, comfort and serenity 
in the simple act of moving my hands
making something out of yarn.

Let's light a candle, pop the kettle on for tea and pick up our knitting.




Take care
until next time...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

18 comments:

annette said...

How lovely to have time with the grands. I savor every minute when I have the opportunity! xo

Linda Shukri said...

Nice time with the grandchildren. And I like to see others use natural cleaning products like I do. :-)

Hflaven said...

I love knitting as well, it's therapeutic! Nice to see the grandchildren enjoying themselves at grandma's place! I don't know why but your IG page is not showing up on my phone (it's saying "no posts yet") while all my other IG friends' pages are still there. I'm not young enough to figure out what happened! Hope all is well with you! Emily

Lorrie said...

Spending time with grandchildren is so precious. I love to observe how they play and create and imagine.

Susan said...

I, too, am a fan of Method! I use various scents including pink grapefruit! I enjoy your blog. It is always inspiring and reminds me to cherish the simple pleasures.

Carol in VT said...

Method fan as well. I used it in my art classroom to clean the tables at the end of the day. I loved that the pink grapefruit was such a fresh scent after being exposed to some pretty funky smells throughout the day. Enjoyed the artwork. My 30+ son still loves his Legos (he has a Lego London Bridge and Millenium Falcon in his apartment!) The clay sculptures were precious as well. Just booked a trip to Ireland in the late fall and I hope to learn to make a proper tea while there. Carol in VT

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Annette I agree It truly is a gift we cherish as they are so precious.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I also like Bon Ami for really tough jobs. It's a "green" scrub you might like it too.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Knitting is a wonderful hobby! My husband has been coughing for about 5 weeks with a nasty bug but so far i have avoided catching it.
I sent you a DM on Instagram.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love to have simple toys and craft supplies on hand for when the grands come over to play. I look for fun things at thrift shops in our area and have found inexpensive pom poms, paper, and stickers

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The pink grapefruit was my first Method product...I have tried their dish soaps too.
Acknowledging and embracing simple pleasures make our days richer.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Carol You must be excited!
Ireland sounds like a wonderful destination for a holiday! Oh imagine an Irish Tea. What a lovely opportunity to have Tea...perhaps with scones and clotted cream!
Many adults like making those large Lego structures...they are very complicated and challenging and look so realistic once they are finished.

Michelle said...

I have similar play habits with my grandkids! Lego, play-doh and colouring are the go to's here. I also have a great button jar and some stretchy thread to string together buttons. They spend a lot of time sorting and counting!

I'm not sure about knitting being just like yoga though... not the way I make mistakes and have to rip out and re-knit! I never mastered the art of knitting while watching TV; I need to watch my stitches, so I will play an audio book.
Enjoy your blog - happy new year!

Susan said...

I use Method as well--the pink variety. I didn't know it would remove stains as well.

Your blog is a comfort in these dark and scary days.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh the button jar sounds like fun!
Sorting and counting are great to help develop math skills...
Knitting easy things like dishcloths and repetitive patterns are more like Yoga not cable stitches or anything too complicated...I cannot watch TV and knit but I could listen to an audio book that's a great idea!
Best wishes to you Michelle for the New Year!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have tried all of the Method products in various scents. Try it on a stain and see if it works well for you, I have had stains that other laundry stain removers would not lift...it may take more than one spray to get it out before washing and I do use a small brush, a toothbrush would work too.
There are some crazy things happening around the world...I am hoping for peace and calm heads to prevail.

MabonMoon said...

Lovely snippets of inspiration for January. I read The Elegance of the Hedgehog almost 10 years ago and copied out the paragraph on tea. I still think about that book regularly.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I read her book ages ago too and then the following one that she wrote...I liked how quirky the characters are in her stories.
The tea quote speaks to me...
Enjoy your cup of tea on this cold and blustery day!