Monday, January 20, 2020

What a difference a day makes!


First Snow Day of the New Year
2020
Humble Bungalow


Day 2 
Very heavy snowfall overnight in the garden.


Hydrangeas weighted down by the snow.


The Ilex berries look very pretty in the snow
the red shade just pops against the white.


You can see how deep it is on the deck.


I found this book in the wee little library on our street.

My walks were curtailed due to the icy conditions
so I busied myself in the house
attending to some chores then mixing it up with reading and my knitting project.
Many cups of tea were sipped.


A Doocot Scottish design available on Ravelry.

Are you familiar with Ravelry?
It's an amazing site for knit and crochet patterns and tips a very helpful community of crafters are able to network and share their projects.

Wool sweater in the making...
learning some new techniques and loving this yarn.


This wooden maul is coming in handy as a yarn holder.
Many women in the knitting group that I belong to 
use crafted wooden bowls 
which have a hole in the side for their yarn to slip through...
it helps the skein from getting all tangled up.


Have you started any new projects?

The weather has improved and we are back to our usual rain days.
So I am able to get outdoors again for my walks.
Very grateful to be able to get some fresh air and exercise.


"Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation 
in awe of everything you see around you. 
Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. 
This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe."

~ Wayne Dyer ~


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

14 comments:

Petal49 said...

Your pictures of the snow are beautiful to one who has never seen snow except from a distance. It's something I want to experience especially when I am living in a hot climate. We do have one very small area of the country where it snows during winter but I have never been there either except in the summer.
One day ...

Jen Lawrence said...

We had a lot of snow as well. It was a lovely opportunity to den in. I'm glad you had a cozy snow day.

Patricia said...

Just gorgeous! everything looks prettier under snow: the steps, the furniture, and certainly the red berries. What a good dump you had - looks so cute on the little round table.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What fabulous pictures of the snow, it is so magical. I love your new knitting project, what a luscious color.

Lorrie said...

The snow was so beautiful, and disappeared so quickly! Now we're back to dull rain. It was cozy to stay indoors and work on sewing projects. Your knitting is a striking colour.

DaniBP said...

Wow you did get lots of snow!
We did here too although that's more typical for our area of Ontario. I love it as it is perfect for skiing which is my favourite sport (Nordic not downhill, hate downhill skiing it's such a commotion and also terrifying). Really admire your knitting skills it's such a terrific craft. My projects... well I've been editing my wardrobe which was a huge project because I've been procrastinating on it... mostly due to our move. Stay warm! xxx

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I just popped over and read some of your blog posts and surmise that you live in Australia, perhaps near NSW where all the fires have been burning. Have you been adversely affected by the fires? It is such a tragedy...our hearts go out to all who have lost their homes and the animals who perished and are injured. There are many charities working to help and many bloggers have organized fundraisers to help.
I also noticed that you went to Seattle and saw Mount Rainier! Seattle is a wonderful spot for a holiday. Perhaps you will consider a cruise to Alaska at some point? Many Australians were on the cruiseship when we went last summer and the glaciers are amazing! We loved it!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I heard Ontario was slammmed with a snowstorm...Newfoundland got even more! I heard on the CBC that people are now permitted to leave their homes and grocery shops are open but apparently the shelves are bare after a few hours of business...can you imagine?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I agree with you Patricia
All the snow has melted and we have our usual temperatures with rain and wind. The sun is shining this morning so I will be able to get out for my walk which is wonderful. Hope that you are keeping well.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The colour grabbed my attention when I was in the woolshop and I knew it was the shade that I would choose. The clerk who helped me agreed it was a lovely colour.
The snow was lovely but I am grateful that it has melted because I like to walk and not worry about falling on the ice and breaking bones!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Though the rains are dull and gloomy at least we can get out and about...have you seen the snowdrops that are blooming now? There is a pink flowering tree blooming at Government House!!
I like those wee bags that you made when you were snowbound!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We did get a decent amount of snow but nothing compared to Newfoundland!
Curating a wardobe is a big job...I hope you will write a blog post about your experience.
I've never skiied at all! Once I went snowshooing and fell into a deep pile of snow and required help to get back up!
I particularly enjoy seeing your stone house pictures...inside and out.

Linda Shukri said...

Love your front entrance!! So pretty with the snow.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Linda we like the feature of a porch in our tiny bungalow...it is a place where we can sit and enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine when weather permits!!