Saturday, November 2, 2019

Rome Italy...(part 1)

My husband picked me up at the airport yesterday afternoon and I felt very emotional seeing him after three weeks away...
we are rarely apart more than a few days.

When we got home the cats greeted me warmly...
Pepper with a few high pitched chirrups and Chester with purring and rubbing up against me.

Sleep came easily about 9 pm our time... 4am Paris time!
I was woken at 4 am by fireworks going off on the street and fell back into a deep sleep until 6 am when I got up to feed the cats and make the coffee.

The carry on is unpacked, laundry is done, we went out for lunch, got groceries, went for a walk along the sunny waterfront and here I am already typing...
keen to write a blog post.

Will start off in Italy with a few snapshots of the B&B.
We stayed in the Monti area of Rome. A fabulous place to be situated for ease of walking to the Colosseum and other sites...also we loved the view!


The view from the upper terrace.
You can see the Colosseum at the top in the middle of the photo.


Several popular restaurants are on the street below the B&B.


The covered terrace...
a wonderful spot for morning coffee or a nightcap.
One evening we ate cheese, crackers and sliced meat with our wine.


The weather was hotter than I had expected...
I was glad that I packed sleeveless tops and a straw sunhat.


There are ruins dotting the streets everywhere in Rome.


Considering the vast scale of these original structures 
it would have been quite a feat to build them without modern machinery.


The Altare Della Patria monument in Rome.



I fell in love with the umbrella pine trees...just love their brilliant green foliage.


Sunset 
with the Altare Della Patria monument and statues
taken from the upper terrace at the B&B.


We visited the monument early one morning before it got too crowded.
We took the elevator up to the very top where we had a birds eye view of Rome.









We discovered a bird's nest under an over hang.
Two gulls were very comfortable with all of the photos being snapped!


They must get used to all the visitors!

I've got more photos on Rome.
The Colosseum, Borzoi Gardens and The Vatican.

Will post these
as soon as the fog of Jet Lag Lifts!

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

28 comments:

Vicki Bouchard said...

Welcome home. It will all seem like a dream for a while. Looking forward to more pics Xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos! Your trip sounds simply fabulous. Rest up. Jet lag takes a day or two. Thank you for posting about your trip. The scenery is really spectacular. Susan

DaniBP said...

Welcome home, your trip looks like it was wonderful! xx

KSL said...

I followed your incredible trip on Instagram. It looks like you had the most fabulous time, but I'm sure you're also glad to be home. Looking forward to more of your blog posts. Your husband and cats must be thrilled too.

Jen Lawrence said...

Welcome back! Rome is such a charming city. Looking forward to seeing all the photos.

Maudie said...

Welcome back!

Lisa said...

Welcome home! I adore Rome, it's wonderful to see your photos. As you say, the antiquities that breakthrough the sidewalks almost. The veil of time is pierced, if I let myself get fanciful:).

Anonymous said...

Glad your home safe and sound....a magical journey.
Ali

Anonymous said...

Wonderful holidays Leslie!I love Italy ,Rome is so beautiful indeed
I've seen some photos on your IG
Looking forward to the next posts,especially about the culinary course
Dottoressa

Patricia said...

I love Rome, and love your photos. Your location was great, and it is always exciting to see those ancient ruins and places. The pine trees are so pretty, and give a unique look to the city. Looking forward to more posts.

Sheila said...

I've been to some of those places! I'm glad you had good weather - I was also surprised at how warm it was in October. Welcome home!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Welcome home. What a fantastic trip, it looks so interesting. I look forward to seeing more of you pictures.

Linda Shukri said...

Thanks for sharing your photos! :-)

Kelly said...

What a wonderful trip, you captured such incredible photographs. I too am looking forward to more of your posts. Congratulations on checking off another item on your bucket list :)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It is very dreamlike now that I have returned home! Home is a happy place and I feel like I am easing back into a rhythm.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Rome and Tuscany are such a beautiful scenic area of Italy. Love the historic stone structures and homes.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It was a dream come true Dani!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The cats are very content to have me back...they sleep a lot during the day but are very affectionate when they wake up! I am slowly easing back into a routine! It feels good!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Will post another bunch of pictures ASAP!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Maudie!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I totally get what you are saying ! Rome ruins and antiquities at every turn was a surprise! I should have been prepared but it was fun being astonished!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Ah yes! The dream lingers as do the experiences.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I will be publishing posts of all of the trip...stay tuned!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We really had a great location for our home base! We walked many kilometres every day! Good too because the pasta dishes were very caloric!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The weather was perfect!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I will publish another one today!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hope you enjoy them all!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I plan to post another Rome series today. I have oodles of photos!