Friday, November 22, 2019

Les Baux, Lourmarin and Gordes




Carrieres de Luminaries
an art installation inside the quarry caves.


Van Gogh






Lourmarin is one of my favourite Villages so far...
its just so charming!
Lots of gift shops and wonderful cafes line the streets.



We decided to stop at a busy cafe...


I opted for the plats du jour.
Salad with hummus


Ravioli with beef and cheese


Yummy!




'

Lilac coloured doors were not that common in the Villages we visited.


A bright yellow was unusual too...


Gordes was a very old stone hilltop Village.
Beautiful stacked stone walls lined the streets.


It was foggy when we arrived.


We stopped here for lunch on our way to Roussillon.

I had a ham and butter sandwich which was delicious!
Ham and Butter?

If you must know...
the butter has salt crystals that pop in your mouth when you bite into them
The ham is sliced super thin and melts in your mouth.


















Due to recent excessive spam 
I have been forced to disallow anonymous
comments on the blog.

I apologize if this affects those without google accounts.
 I have heard that the search engine Safari does not permit third party cookies and it is preventing readers to leave comments 
if you have the option of using another search engine
such as Google Chrome you should in theory be able to leave a comment.

Thank you.


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Jen Lawrence said...

Beautiful villages. I'm really enjoying your photos. I read the Improbability of Love on your recommendation and really enjoyed it so thank you!

Georgia said...

Love these photos!!! You have a great eye.... so many of them are frame worthy. Thank you so much for sharing your exciting trip! - Georgia

Jeannine said...

I have enjoyed all of your photos and commentary from your trip. Wonderful!

Kerrie Roberts said...

That square with the fountain in Gordes is where they filmed the cafe owned by Marion Cotillard's character in A Good Year. The Luberon is certainly a gorgeous area.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I really enjoyed the book too! Good news is that she has a new one coming out soon!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Georgia! I love taking photos and Provence had so much beauty it was easy capturing the images.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I've got another post ready...I think it's the last one from the trip.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I must watch that film again...I may recognize some of the areas where they filmed.