Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Beauty in Gardens and My Stylish French Box...a treat from France


I walked in one of my favourite spots last week...
Abkhazi Gardens.

The temperatures were mild, the skies blue, and the sun was shining.
It felt like a gift after a few days of rain.


A lovely display of naturalized Crocus flowers popping up from the soil...
or is it croci ?


Love the way that the light illuminated their petals.


Gnarly trunk and twisted branches above a bed of snowdrops and cyclamen.


This is such a sweet structure on the site...
it was a place where the original owners would take tea and eat their picnic lunches when they were first designing the gardens.

I've been dreaming a lot about garden design
  the beautiful spaces that people have been able over the years to cultivate.
A well designed garden, once established, is a living legacy.

I try to visit many of the local gardens and join in on the various garden tours.
Some of my favourite things to do are to peruse the garden centres
 leaf through gardening books
and
watch TV shows on gardens.


Are you familiar with Sharon Santoni?
Her garden in France is stunning.
She is the founder of My Stylish French Box...
I have subscribed to these boxes and they are a real treat to receive...
the current box theme is focused on a Parisianne woman.
One of the partners is the renowned perfume company of Annick Goutal!

The February Box is almost sold out 
you might be able to order one if you are quick!

Go here to get more information and good luck!

I am excited as Sharon has just launched a new digital magazine.
She has a giveaway on her Instagram page.


As I sit here at the table in my Humble Bungalow Kitchen 
I can hear birds outside singing
the clock chiming
the fridge humming
the keys on my lap top 
tap tapping
a rumbling motorcycle speeds by
the neighbours dog barks

taking time to stop and notice the little things
those moments each day that can easily slip by if one is not present

Hope that your week is ticking along nicely!

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Jeannine said...

Oh my goodness, the crocus are blooming?! We are currently in the deep freeze after having a winter storm which dropped close to a foot of snow. Tomorrow and into Thursday we are under a wind chill warning - wind chills could be down to 50 degrees (F) below zero. Don't know what that translates into Celsius.

Susan said...

As always, a peaceful post. Have I even told you Leslie that I told one of my friends about your blog--and she is now an avid reader. She loves your blog as much as I do.

lady jicky said...

Oh so green !
Here in Australia my garden is burnt.... today its been 100f and I hear thunder tonight and I do hope I have some rain . My poor roses are like potpourri on the bush. My box hedges are burnt too but they are tough and will rally.... well, I hope so!
How are your roses going in the freeze?

Anonymous said...

Love that gnarly tree. Looks like a sexy lady, with one hand on her hip and the other behind her head.

LA CONTESSA said...

I have some interesting stories to share with you!
Will be in touch!
XX

nohatnogloves said...

I have some little crocuses on the point of flowering and their creamy heads are a thrill to me since everything I grow has to be in pots and the results can be extremely variable from year to year. Personally, the silence at this time of year is a joy. Case in point, sitting quietly and looking out of the window at a bright Saturday morning, not a word spoken.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Your temperatures are very cold YIKES! Hope that you are able to keep warm.
We do have crocus blooming! A few daffodils and iris...there is snow predicted for Sunday which may have a detrimental effect on the flowers.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh how lovely of you to share my blog with your friend...thank you.
We crave peace with so much turmoil in the world...
I want to live and embrace life in a kind and peaceful way, I have no time for anger or hate or any other nasty business.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I heard that your area is getting burnt by the intense sunshine...too bad about your roses...I know I would be sad if ours perished.
The roses are doing fine right now but there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow and I have my fingers crossed that they will survive...if we get frost then it warms up and frost again thats very bad for many of our garden plants.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

You have a very vivid imagination!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh do tell! I await your email.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Enjoy your peaceful Saturday nmorning....we are heading out for a quiet walk in nature and will soak in all the beauty that surrounds us...feeling grateful for so many blessings.
XO