Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Guo Pei Exhibit at Vancouver Art Gallery

We ventured across the pond to Vancouver for a few days.
To shop, attend a workshop and enjoy the sights and sounds of a big city!

One of the highlights was to see the Guo Pei Couture Beyond exhibit.


We were in line up at 10:00 am when the doors to the Vancouver Art Gallery opened and were able to take it all in on the very last day of the exhibit.

I will share a few pictures of the magnificent gowns...
IF you ever get the opportunity to see this show I highly recommend it.

Guo Pei is China's "preeminent couturiere."
There were over 40 of her haute couture designed gowns on display from the period 2006 to 2017.

Most of us will never wear a hand made gown such as the ones that were on display.

It was amazing to see the intricate bead work, the embroidery, details that would have taken many many hours if not months to create.

I'll share the photos next and hope that you will enjoy seeing them.



















After seeing all the gowns and shoes we explored the rest of the gallery and then ventured out for a long walk in the sunshine.

A friend mentioned that she uses the IHealth app on her IPhone.
She showed me how it works and I am so excited as it tracks walking stats!
I am so grateful as it is going to be a new motivator in my goal to better fitness.


This was an exceptional day for walking...
I plan to aim for between 8,000 and 10,000 steps each day.

Hope that your week is off to a fabulous start...
thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

 ~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

10 comments:

La Vie Quotidienne said...

WOW! Each one is a work of art.

Margie from Toronto said...

WOW! These really are spectacular!
The Royal Ontario Museum had a fabulous retrospective on Christian Dior last year (I went twice) and seeing the dresses and learning how they were made gave me a whole new appreciation for true designer clothing - such a difference from "fast fashion".

Madame Là-bas said...

The exhibit looks fantastic. The line on Saturday was too long. That app sends your steps to Lose It. It spares the expense of the fitbit. I've found it accurate. 8,000 is a good base to maintain fitness.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What an amazing exhibit. Those gowns must weigh a ton!

Susan said...

Gorgeous photos! We will be in Vancouver in June---looking forward to it.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The designs were so beautiful, creative and the accents so incredibly intricate...definitely artistic in nature.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

That Dior show sounds fabulous! I hope that we may see it here sometime out west.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love the IPhone IHealth app...its really helping me get up and move and I always have my phone with me so a FitBit is not needed.
Looks like you are having fun finding French accents in your closets and cupboards and I am sorry to hear that your husband is not feeling well.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

They would be incredibly heavy...our daughter bought a lovely sequined dress many years ago and I was surprised how heavy it was...a different kind of "weight training!"

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

This exhibit is over but the Vancouver Art Gallery is definitely worth a visit and the food in the cafe is fabulous...you may even be able to eat on the patio!