Friday, June 9, 2017

Flea Market Finds...

I've been spending quite a bit of time "fluffing" the house.
Getting rid of extra stuff that clutters up the tiny space
and rearranging a few pieces.

Our bungalow decor is simple which lends itself towards natural items.
 Opting for colours that look pleasant in a woody arts and crafts heritage home...
almost organic.


"A tisket a tasket"
I spy a vintage basket...
and
some old silver.


An old oar
(before)


painted and cleaned up a wee bit 
then slightly distressed
(after)

Something for the cottage.


Old ironstone compote


Enamel ware


A large vintage Tea tin...


Roses in the small silver jug.


I purchased this Imari jug awhile back
I use it for pens and pencils in the kitchen near the phone.


It's fun to peruse home decor magazines for inspiration.
 Our clever daughter reminded me that I could find many lovely home decor things to "pin" off of the boards on Pinterest.
I started one for the cottage and am having fun getting ideas online.
I sit with my tea and before you know it an hour has evaporated!

It's also fun looking through the shelves of a vintage shop...

I like to think of it as an adventure because you never know what you are going to find.

~ Take care as you go about your day 
and 
Please Be Kind ~

11 comments:

galant said...

I think you will find that Imari 'jug' is actually a loving cup, Leslie. And it's really lovely! I have one and last summer I used it on our mantelpiece filled with a fern, which looked lovely and fresh. Love those baskets!
Margaret P

Susan said...

I love all the details in your cottage. The photo with the vintage baskets and antique silver is just beautiful.

Madame Là-bas said...

I really like the Imari. I don't buy many décor magazines now because I really need to use what I have. So many old things that I can repurpose. I'm using Pinterest because I'd like to slightly update our kitchen (not a reno) and there are lots of ideas.

Anonymous said...

I love your TEA container!!! The baskets are lovely

SS-PNW

Jeannine said...

Great finds!

Ellie's friend from canada said...

very interesting post! I saw the coral. I'm still trying to figure out where to put 6 or 7 pieces that I have. Your bungalow looks wonderful. Wish i could come for tea! It looks so inviting!

Patricia said...

Your have some lovely pieces, and the decor always seems 'just right'. I am particularly keen on your beautiful basket and the ironstone fruit bowl, but you can't beat those pink roses in a silver jug. I like Pinterest too, and have a little look each day, often for decor ideas, and also for wardrobe styling inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Lovely things! Imari jug is beautiful
I actually love old enamel ware for the cottage
Have a nice weekend
Dottoressa

Kayla said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog! I have loved your posts on decorating, gardens, and even on the loss of your mom, something I also had to process more than 20 years ago and wondered how I'd do going on in life without wonderful female wisdom. Thanks to you and other bloggers willing to share, now I can have a guide into the stages of life my mom never got to see...very comforting, helpful, and joymaking! Insta @lightthroughleaves

Pondside said...

What a lot of fun you'll have with this new cottage project!
As always, a lovely post.

La Contessa said...

I need to do JUST THAT........clean up areas!
SO, hard for me as I love it all...............