Sunday, January 8, 2023

Starting 2023 slowly, thoughtfully and with intention...

 


 ~ New Year ~

Thoughts of change and the steps required to take the necessary actions
easing slowly...
mulling over the multitude of possibilities.
What to do?
Stay the same or move ahead in a fresh new direction?
Take a risk or keep it safe?


Current read...

I heard so many lovely things about this book that I bought a copy.

Numerous friends told me that it was the BEST book that they had read last year.
That says a LOT!

I am not yet finished it...
reading slowly to absorb and digest the thoughts 
and 
significance of the words.

It is very beautifully written, full of emotion and poignant life experiences.
Very Sad...
the attention to detail is divine, the author writes like an artist paints.

In the spirit of not rushing...


I've signed up for a 30 day online Yoga challenge.
On day 4, I realized how much I have missed my Yoga practice.

Watching the instructor,
  (who looks effortless) 
while she moves through the poses
was quite discouraging for me.

 I was struggling on my mat!

I signed up at my former Yoga Studio 
for in person classes with the instructor whose teaching style I love.
Her calming voice, slow movements and gentle spirit are absolute BLISS!
Classes start in 2 weeks and I am very excited.

Our naughty cats were guilty of shredding my old Yoga mat...
it was time to replace it.
I bought a new one today which is 6mm thick to cushion my 67 year old achy joints.
While I was shopping I found a small bolster and a lavender scented cleaning spray.

Do you practice Yoga?

Sunday morning post on Instagram today...




Sand and Fog Candle
in a lovely soothing fragrance
~ Roses and Sandalwood ~

This scent would make a great perfume.

The painted rock above was designed and painted by my former neighbour.
It reminds me of a mandala...

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet.

 We are immersed in a Netflix series called The Stranger...
oh my goodness it is so complicated!

We've watched a few good ones lately...

Treason and another one called The Bodyguard
coincidentally
 they are all British.

The Stranger is British too with an all star cast.
You might enjoy them too...
let me know.

What are you watching?

Thank you for stopping by...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~


12 comments:

Adele said...

are you participating in the Yoga with Adrienne 30-day Center yoga journey? I started with Adriene a few years ago and have been practicing nearly every day since, as well as going to a local studio a couple of days a week. one of thr best things I've ever done for myself! enjoy.

Sheila said...

I have a yoga routine that I do at home on my own nearly daily. I am not a fan of classes, either in person or online (I don't like crowds/other people, and my online set-up is minimal at home).

We enjoyed the free month-long previous of the Hollywood Suite channels on Shaw in December and have PVR'd a kajillion old movies. We just watched 'Double Indemnity' and next up is "Citizen Kane" which neither of us has seen.

Your neighbour's rock is amazing. I love the pattern. Happy New Year's!

Lorrie said...

I don't practice yoga, but I do follow a couple of exercise instructors on Youtube and try to do at least one each day. It helps so much to keep me limber.
We've been watching Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime - a nail biter! I'll look up The Stranger, as I love British productions.
The year is starting slowly here, too. There are changes on the horizon as my husband retires in a couple of months and we will be beginning a kitchen renovation (extending throughout the house).
Stay well, Leslie.

Anne said...

I enjoyed The Stranger, Harlan Corben's books have been made into quite a few Netflix series. The Woods is very good too.

LadyJicky said...

Oh yes.... The Stranger is very good !!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yes that is the online Yoga challenge that I signed up for in January. I am keen to go back to the studio and will try an do my Yoga at home on the other days. Hope you have a great New Year Adele.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yoga is so good for us...it really makes a big difference to my body as I get older. Good to hear that you also enjoy the practice, it is a nice addition to walking...helps keep us balanced:-))
Best wishes to you for a healthy and happy New Year.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

You Tube has a lot of great videos to help us keep motivated...I like that we can view them 24/7...Oh a kitchen reno sounds very exciting ! As does your husband's upcoming retirement...you'll be able to go off boating and camping all year round!
Take care and have fun!!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I had never heard of Harlan Corben until we started looking at series options on Netflix...I will check out The Woods next...Thank you Anne.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We weren't sure that it would be a series we wanted to watch until about halfway into the first episode and then BOOM! We were hooked!! We watched the series on about 3 evenings!

Susan said...

I practice yoga and it helps keep me mentally and physically healthy. I prefer in-studio but will do it an audio version if needed. I really love it and need it in my life.

I read Water for Flowers. I found it beautifully written but somehow I wasn't as enchanted with it as most readers find it. Still, it was worth the read.

Many good wishes for the new year. ✨️

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hi Susan, Best wishes for 2023! The in studio Yoga is my first choice but I am augmenting my weekly visit with an online class. I bought a new mat and a small boster to make my home practice a better experience.
The book didn't resonate with me as profoundly as I was led to believe by others but it was worth reading...I think I may be a wee bit of a book snob.:-((