Monday, September 26, 2022

Garden snapshots, thrift shop finds and scenic views on my walks...

 


Large green bottle in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

I saw many of these when I was in Tuscany 
so when I spied one at Kay's Korner in Cook Street Village I snapped it up!
(Thanks Karin for saving it for me when I was out of town.)


Floating...


Dappled light
shadows
sunny day


 ~ Abraham Darby ~

A stunning fragrant
David Austin Rose


Fatsia Japonica 
growing
above a bed of ferns.


Dahlia season is upon us...
so many blooms and various varieties.
Which ones to choose?


Annual Tagetes Marigolds
we plan to save the seeds for next year.


Thrift shop teacups...
very cheerful and so pretty.


I don't NEED them but I HAD to buy them!

The de-cluttering binge is still underway...


I took the orchids in their big pots off the shelf above the sink.
The pots were washed and stored away
the orchids were put out on the boulevard for free
they were snapped up quickly!


My goal was to invite more light into the kitchen.
Cleaning off the shelf worked and I am very pleased that I can enjoy the view.


Candle light in The Humble Bungalow Living Room.

My morning routine...
coffee
reading.


Love the soft light and scents...

Most days I find myself 
Walking in Oak Bay...
where I spent my childhood.

Memories flood in...

Salty Air
The call of the Gulls
SeaViews
The sound of the waves
as they crash upon the Shore. 

~ Sunshine ~


Kitty Islet in Oak Bay


I collect sea glass along the rocky shoreline.


The chairs on the point are very popular...
with expansive scenic views towards Trial Island and beyond
it is not surprising that locals and tourists alike stop and gaze across the sea.

Many bring coffee and some bring picnics...
there is also a picnic table which you might spy on the right side of the rocks.

So many things to be grateful for...
had our 4th vaccination.

We hope to stay healthy and enjoy the Fall weather.

I'll be starting a new knitting project soon and am reading a fun book right now.

Rise and Shine Benedict Stone
by 
Phaedra Patrick
soon to be a Hallmark Movie.

That's all for now...
hope you are well.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Oak Bay looks and sounds absolutely lovely. How fantastic to be able to walk there whenever you wish. Love your green bottle, and it looks perfect in the garden. I'm off to look for pretty teacups, and to put a pink rose in the birdbath. You are an inspiration!

Jeannine said...

Always love to see a new post from you - feast for the eyes and good ideas! Thank you!

Joni James said...

There's something about the sun and the beach that always brings up good memories. Love your teacups. I volunteer in a charity shop and we see very pretty ones often, makes me want to stop and have tea!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful, peaceful photos. The light on your garden photos is so lovely. These are golden days. Love the Burleigh teacups.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love walking in my childhood neighbourhood...I notice how some things have changed since I lived there and the things that have stayed the same!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I thank you for your lovely comment Jeannine...I often wonder if my posts appeal to readers.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The teacups are pretty and I love tea so it is a win win...how fabulous that you volunteer at a charity shop!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Lorrie I hope that you are enjoying the sunny weather in your garden! Are you retired?