Monday, August 29, 2022

August Snippets...keeping cool, culling, a favourite scarf, hydrangeas and a fabulous book


Culling is happening here in The Humble Bungalow...
no closet, cupboard, or cranny is safe!

I've given away a LOT of things that we never use and have been donating
various items of clothing and this week I attacked the scarf drawer with gusto!

The Hermes scarves are safely tucked away in their iconic orange boxes.
There are a few scarves left to do the work of many...
one of the scarves that was never in jeopardy
is this linen multi toned scarf.


~ long whisper soft lightweight linen ~

a lovely scarf to wear as a wrap
or wrapped several times around my neck.


~ great drape with an interesting texture ~

The scarves that were culled made their way to the local WIN shop
a charity that assists Women In Need (WIN)


~ OOTD ~
My Uniform

Rough Linen Apron
Akoya Pearls
black Yoga pants
white Eileen Fisher linen top

I've been busy trying to get on top of the cleaning here...
the windows ended up being streaky and I reached out on Instagram for tips.
Several great tips and ideas were forthcoming...

I headed out for a microfibre window cleaning cloth (bought 3) and a squeegee...
windows are now sparkling clean!


Annabelle Hydrangeas
big frothy blooms.


Hope that you are doing well and enjoying the last few weeks of summer.
We are finding the heat a wee bit too HOT!
Every afternoon I find a cool spot to sit and sip some tea or lemonade
inevitably a book finds it way into my hands!


Am enjoying this book SO MUCH!
I read his first book The Rules of Civility many years ago and loved it.
His newest, The Lincoln Highway, is on my TBR stack.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Leanne said...

The Lincoln Highway I really enjoyed - you are in for a treat! A Gentleman in Moscow - my mind would not listen to on audible - I plan to pick it up in the future. Will go add The Rules of Civility to my to read list. Thanks Leanne

Sheila said...

Ha, I'll keep an eye out for your scarves at WIN! I've found some amazing ones there (YSL, Halston, Bill Blass). Love your hydrangeas. Glad you're enjoying "Gentleman" - I gave it to my husband to read!

Susan said...

A Gentleman in Moscow is a fabulous book! I have read all three of Amor Towles' books but Gentleman is my favorite. Enjoy!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Leanne hope you can grab a copy of The Gentleman in Moscow which is turning out to be an exceptional book. I am looking forward to The Lincoln Highway too!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh good luck Sheila...French Letol scarves, some vintage silks ~ some designers and others no name...happy thrifting!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Susan it is a very captivating story...hard to put down! Really what one craves when reading! Take care and thank you for staying in touch.

Doré Way said...

I love "Rough Linen" too and have a few of their duvets, etc. I love that apron/colour. Just find it pretty spendy once you pay in USD/duty. I discovered this lovely Canadian company that makes beautiful linen clothing and home wares in Weyburn, SK - https://cedarandvine.net/collections/all So nice to have a Canadian alternative.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Dore I agree the extra duty and delivery plus the currency exchange all add extras to the cost of the linens. I have purchased several of the aprons as they offer a petite length...I do not have a sewing machine to easily shorten them myself and have not found another company that offers a petite range. I will check out the website of that company that you mention and thank you!