Monday, August 15, 2022

Wardrobe ~ Classic and Funky


Last weekend I accompanied our son and the grandchildren on a getaway.

We stayed at The Ocean Promenade Hotel in White Rock across from the beach.
Our suite was large with panoramic views
and
 had a kitchen which was handy for our morning coffee and breakfasts.

There were train tracks along the seafront and the trains passed by several times to the delight of our youngest granddaughter...

We took the kids to the Splash Water Park in Tsawwassen.
It was fun filled hours of water play, slipping and sliding, screams and splashes.

I hung out with our youngest who was too short to go on the really scary slides.
We had fun in the pools and she ran up and down to the junior slides...
I cannot believe how MUCH energy these kiddos had!

By the time almost 3 hours in the pool had passed I was knackered...
we went off to Milestones for dinner and then headed back to White Rock to get in our PJ's and get cozy.
I was in bed asleep by 10:00!

We did some back to school shopping at Tsawwassen Mills Mall.

On Sunday, we drove to the shopping mecca on South Granville. 
At Indigo, the girls perused The American Girl Doll collections...
Grammy shopped at Eileen Fisher...
(pure bliss)

I haven't been since Covid.

What a treat!
I found a LBD for Fall and winter.


LBD
Nice weight jersey, pockets, zipper detail.


Zip can be adjusted to your taste...
I added the classic Hermes scarf.

I could wear the big pearl necklace for a bigger WOW impact.


I also have a white top with 3/4 sleeves which will be great underneath.

The black lined walking coat was on sale but my size wasn't in stock at the shop 
so the clerk found one in a Toronto Eileen Fisher Store.
The service at this location is unbeatable!

I recently found a funky Tee...
at Marshalls in Hillside Mall.


Karl Lagerfeld


I wore this with some Eileen Fisher jeans.
I have red ballet flats and a fabulous red lipstick from Milan...
when I am feeling a wee bit daring I will wear them together!


William Shakespeare Rose 
a David Austin stalwart in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

In other news...
Blogger no longer sends alerts to readers 
when a new post is published...
I will mention new posts on my Instagram page.

Please bookmark the link to my blog and check back every week.
I usually write a post each week.

It is frustrating that the service from Blogger is disappearing...
I suppose there is no monetary incentive for them to maintain the service.
Blogging may be going the way of the dodo bird!

Instagram You Tube and Tik Tok definitely are the current faves.

Thank you for popping by...
I appreciate your comments and newsy emails.
Please stay in touch.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Susan said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful getaway with family. Nice LBD! We have an Eileen Fisher store in Dallas and it is close to our house. I need to check and see what they have for the coming autumn.

Sheila said...

It's frustrating that they ceased it altogether, but we're not paying anything for this, so *sigh*...

I've asked my readers to bookmark and check back regularly, since I still post 4-5 times a week. I haven't got a phone (really!) so no Insta, etc. for me.

I love South Granville - so dangerous! Is that Anthropologie still there? I also love Turnabout's boutique. Your EF dress is lovely. Definitely be daring and wear your Karl tee with the red flats and lippy! You can do it! :)

MabonMoon said...

Love your new dress and goes beautifully with your elegant scarf. White Rock was our go-to beach when I was growing up in the lower mainland. I have many memories there and will always love it. It sounds like you had a wonderful get-away!

Kathy said...

Lovely post, as always! I follow you on Instagram so I do see when you create a post. But, I also use feedly.com to organize all the blogs I follow. New posts from all the blogs I follow are waiting to be read when I log in. It saves having to go to each blog individually and I don't have to rely on email notifications. Thought I'd mention it in case other blog followers would find it helpful.

Kathy said...

I hope this doesn't publish twice as I wrote my comment and it redirected me here.

I wanted to mention that I use feedly.com to organize all the blogs I follow in one place. When I log in any new posts are waiting to be read. It saves having to visit each blog individually and having to rely on email notifications.

Lovely post, as always!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Its really wonderful when you can shop at a store that has stylish clothes that fit into our lifestyle and size...they might be considered investment pieces BUT they last for decades!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

South Granville is definitely a shoppers mecca...so many fabulous shops! YES a dangerous spot to open ones wallet but the coices are divine!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am looking forward to accessorizing and wearing this versatile LBD...mesh tights are on my shopping list now to pair with my Chelsea boots.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Feedly is a great idea...I will mention it in my next blog post...thank you!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you again...lovely to hear from you :-))

Jeannine said...

That scarf is wonderful with your new dress. You find the best things. Your rose is lovely.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I was just in the right place at the right time when I spied that LBD...am pinching myself as it is going to be a workhorse in my minimalist wardrobe! Hope you enjoy getting back to school in your "mentoring capacity!"