Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Weekend getaway...and flowers in The Humble Bungalow Garden


Last weekend we were invited to visit long time friends who retired to Thetis Island.
They built their dream home on the water's edge in Telegraph Harbour.

Other long time friends made the trek across the big pond from the Lower Mainland and we had a reunion of sorts...
we were celebrating Mr. HB's birthday.


I found a wee bit of time to work on the Miriam sweater...
the view was a bit distracting as
there were so many gorgeous yachts cruising past 
that I had to keep looking up from the knitting!

Just knitting the garter stitch front border, it will be finished soon!


Enjoying the newly purchased Tonka and Oud candle 
from a wee shop in Chemainus near the ferry dock.


The scent is woodsy and rich.


A lovely fragrant rose at the Telegraph Harbour Marina...
an old rose scent with soft apricot petals.

When I posted the picture on Instagram of the unknown rose...
several readers identified it as Just Joey.
Thank you :-))


Pulled out the stack of my TBR books
had a wee gander...
there are far more than I remembered.

Now my dilemma is to decide which one to read next?

What are you reading?


Our hydrangeas are the current stars in The Humble Bungalow Garden.
This hydrangea was a gift from my husband's architectural firm 
when my dad passed away years ago...
it has grown and never disappoints with its variety of blooms.


These limelight hydrangeas are just one of the dozen or so that we have planted over the years.

Their shade of chartreuse green glows
it lights up and illuminates the perennial borders.

Lots to keep us busy in the garden at this time of year.

I plan to go out and pick some of the various hydrangea blooms 
with hopes of drying them to bring indoors for the Fall and Winter months.

The weather is still very hot but i know that it will change as the summer wanes.

I'll be wearing boots and carrying my brolly before too long!
(I need to buy new rubber boots too!)

Well I must close and make lunch for us...

How are things going with you?

If you have a moment or two
please leave a comment and share your thoughts...
I always appreciate hearing from readers.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

Fine After 50 said...

Loved A Gentleman in Moscow.

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. HB! how lovely to get away for a bit to enjoy celebrating with friends.

I've read "A Gentleman in Moscow" as one of our Book Club picks - it's excellent - highly recommended.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you ! It sounds like this book should be my next read! Lots of positive comments about The Gentleman in Moscow.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh Sheila that is such a good recommendation... I will pick it up as soon as I finish knitting the sweater!
Hope you are keeping well...and cool...the weather is quite HOT.

annette said...

Another voice for A GENTLEMAN in MOSCOW

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am halfway through the book and absolutely loving it!