Friday, March 19, 2021

Spring weather and Spring cleaning


Nothing like a pop of yellow to brighten our days.
Spring is definitely helping to cheer us on as we move ahead into the warm weather.

More birds have returned and they are singing happy chirpy songs.
I wake to their serenade early in the morning.
It energizes me listening to their melodies.


We spent a few days at the cottage last weekend
 While we were there I picked up 3 used books and one new release at the bookstore.
All the books had been highly recommended by friends who are avid readers....
I do love a good book.
One of the joys of retirement is reading a chapter or two every day.


I have read several of Tana French's books and enjoyed them all.
Only 5 chapters into this book and it is so engaging...
I love how she captures the everyday elements with such an artistic eye.


The phalaenopsis orchids that live above our farmhouse sink 
in The Humble Bungalow Kitchen are back in bloom.

These beauties bloom every March and keep flowering well into summer time.

I water them once a week.
 They seem happy with the humidity of the steamy water that rises washing dishes.

I've started my Spring cleaning...
and am planning to make my own cleaners.

I'll post more on this soon.

In other news, we may be getting our vaccinations in April!
The US sent us a big shipment of Astra Zenica which will help fast track our program.

With all the new variants it is important that everyone get a shot asap.

Hope that you are staying well.

~Be Well and Be Kind ~

10 comments:

Lorrie said...

Those orchids are such a lovely colour! The used/new bookstore on Pender is a wonderful place that we enjoy visiting when we're in the neighbourhood, which isn't all that often.
Yes, bring on the vaccinations!
Have a good weekend!

Sandra Sallin said...

All seems cosy and comfy in your home. Love it.

Ginger said...

Your seaside cottage always looks so delightful and it’s so exciting to find more wonderful books to read! All of my orchids are blooming now too!

kateR said...

I am excited for you, starting your Kate Atkinson “Jackson Brodie” series. You have several fun and exciting books in your future!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The bookstore is a gem...I love the quality and variety of the used books and the new releases. Sounds like we may get the vaccine in April! Just in time for summer activities.
Enjoy the weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Sandra. A relaxed approach to living is something that Covid has taught me!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Orchids are such lovely plants and our cats don't nibble them like they do to fresh flowers.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have read several of Kate Atkinson's series but not in order!!!

Victoria gal said...

A waterfront island cabin is the dream! How fortunate you are to have that haven.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We are very fortunate to be able to use the quarter share cottage one week each month. We also have 2 consecutive weeks in the summertime. We look forward to our quiet time on Pender so much.