Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Dinner Party...with a wee bit of help from My Stylish French Box


For the evening I picked two David Austin Roses, my favourite 
"Jude the Obscure" and some rosemary for the main dish.


I set a very simple table...

The Menu:

Tray of appies

Salad

Jamie Oliver's Succulent Lamb Stew
Mashed Potatoes
Green beans and shaved carrots

Chocolate torte with raspberry coulis


Brie cheese, balsamic fig spread, olives, cherry tomatoes, dates, & crackers.


Mixed in a big bowl
butter lettuce, radicchio, endive
pea shoots
pomegranate seeds

Julia Child's basic vinaigrette drizzled over top and tossed.


Jamie Oliver's Succulent Lamb Stew can be found in his 5 Ingredient cookbook.
I borrowed a copy from our local library.

The chocolate torte was a packaged mix by Marlette
from the most recent delivery of "My Stylish French Box"


The chocolate torte mix was fast and easy.


Look at all the beautiful items that Sharon and her team chose for the last box!


The candle is fragrant and the copper tin will come in handy when it is finished.
(put the candle in the freezer for a few hours and the wax shrinks away from the sides and then I pop it out.


Vintage linen tea towel.


linen apron


copper cannele molds


Love these carefully curated French themed boxes.

A wonderful treat filled with exquisite delights.
If you want to try one 
or indulge in an annual subscription 

The November box will be on its way shortly and I am really excited as heard that one of the items will be from the company Petrusse who make and design beautiful scarves and shawls!

Most of the contents are kept secret so that subscribers are surprised...
when all the boxes have been delivered 
the team will share the box contents on the website.


I'm back in the kitchen today preparing a casual dinner for family who are visiting from the Kootenay region of our province.

So I must not dilly dally and put my apron on and start prepping!

Hope that your week is going well and that you are finding some time to stop and smell the flowers along the way!

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

23 comments:

Denise said...

The cannele molds made me decide to try My Stylish French Box. Plus the suggestion that there might be a Petrusse scarf in the November box.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh Denise you will love the contents! I have been excited and thrilled with every box! Inviting a bit of France into your daily round with these beautiful items is a luxurious way of reminding you of that special time when you were in Paris!

sensitive poet said...

What a wonderful menu - everything is a feast for the eyes! Just beautiful!

Jeannine said...

You may call your dinner party simple, but I would say elegant and lovely. Thanks for sharing your table and menu. Those roses - I can almost smell them.

Anonymous said...

Your menu and table decor is lovely. Spending time with friends and enjoying a meal together is very pleasurable. Your choice of recipes are always delectable. Susan

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table and a delicious menu!
Copper items from the French box are wonderful and suit perfectly to your Bungalow
Dottoressa

Anna of Mutton Style and Years said...

I must save this for a how to do a dinner party guide:) So elegant.

Patricia said...

A delicious menu, which I am sure your guests enjoyed greatly. The French box is just beautiful, and how amazing to have the chcocolate torte mix arrive at just the right time. The linen apron and tea towel appeal to me very much.

Madame Là-bas said...

Your salad is very elegant with the pomegranate and pea shoots. What treasures from your box! I'm always tempted as I follow Sharon but a voice says "you've already got so many objects" or "use the money for travel" but one day I know I will ignore the voice. Those little things make daily life more beautiful. I looked at the Petrusse site and I almost forgot I have too many scarves. Enjoy the lovely weather.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I have been wondering if you had continued to receive the boxes, I have been very tempted and so far resisted...but probably not for long. LOL

Your dinner sounds delicious and so beautifully presented.

LA CONTESSA said...

YOUR DINNER SOUNDS DELICIOUS!I just saw that THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA has a nEW COOKBOOK OUT!MUST GET THAT ONE.......LOVE HER RECIPES!HOPE IT WAS A FUN NIGHT!XX

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life- I always enjoy reading you posts and find them inspiring! Bridget

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love planning the menu ahead of time as it feels like the creative part of the event...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh the roses!!! I wish you could smell their intoxicating fragrance...no words adequately describe the scent.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Susan...we are so fortunate to have so many recipes available in books and online. It’s fun trying new ones too...although I do have a lot of recipes that are tried and true and are rotated regularly.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The box contents are delightful and who doesn’t love receiving a surprise delivery 📦 in the post?

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I like to entertain and could or should do it more often...with a simple menu, and making a couple of dishes ahead of time which leaves time to set the table on the day of the dinner it really is easy.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Patricia you would love these French themed gift boxes...every delivery has been greatly anticipated and none of the contents have disappointed.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Can one ever have too many scarves? With my small curated wardrobe they are the stars!
It will be fun seeing the Petrusse offering in the November box! I will share it on the blog.
The weather has been such a gift! Enjoy your weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh yes! I look forward to the delivery of every box! Such elegant treats and exquisitely tasteful French items wrapped up in a reusable white box in tissue as d white satin ribbons...you would love them too!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have a few of her books...the recipes are wonderful! I like watching her show too.
It was a fun evening...lots of chatter and laughter!
Off to read your new blog post now!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Bridget!
Appreciate you stopping by the Humble Bungalow Blog!

KSL said...

The dinner party sounds like it went well and I love serving various versions of stews, as I make it the day before, refrigerate and it tastes better the next evening and no fussing when company is around. I'll try that recipe.