Sunday, May 7, 2023

Hostess OOTD ~ "Edgy Biker Style"

 


Butchart Gardens was one of the highlights that I enjoyed last week.
Walking slowly taking note of the gorgeous flowers on a sunny day was such a tonic.
We munched on a healthy salad sitting in the shade in the main courtyard.
Watching people come and go and listening to their delighted comments.
Butchart Gardens is a JOY to behold.

Moving on to an edgier OOTD...


~ Dressing Room Selfie ~

I went shopping for a new denim dress.
I love the denim jumper that I bought so much, I decided a dress would be handy.
It was a petite and on sale so what's not to love?


~ OOTD ~ 

The faux leather biker "Moto" style jacket is getting lots of wear.
I paired it with a simple white tee ~ Lands' End
Jeans  ~ MNG 
Chelsea boots ~ Josef Seibel


Faux Leather
Moto Style 
oodles of "edgy biker" details
great fit and very comfy to wear.

~ Reitman's ~  
a Canadian brand that hearkens back many decades.

I have just rediscovered the store...
reasonable prices
a wide range of sizes
(petites ~ plus size)
cute styles


My test results are in and I have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis.
My hands, back and hips are affected.

 I won't be moaning about my health, I am taking the news in my stride.
After all, I am 68, so some aches and pains are to be expected.

An appointment is booked to see a physiotherapist who specializes in osteoarthritis.
She will give me advice on exercises and administer IMS treatments.
I've been reading up on the condition and will be going to the pool for aquafit
there will be shorter walks, 
perhaps twice a day instead of one longer walk.

My Doctor has ordered a new bone density test as I have osteopenia.
He's asked me to take a higher dose of Vitamin D
and
take anti inflammatory pain medication as needed.


I've baked the sourdough, have a load of laundry in the wash.

This weekend The King was crowned...

Did you watch the ceremony?
The highlights I saw looked incredible.
It's the dawn of a new era for the Royals.
I do miss Her Majesty the Queen.



So what are your plans for the coming week?
Anything exciting?

Things might be kind of quiet here after such a busy week...
Will try out the pool and see what the Aquafit classes are like.

My responses to your comments are at the end of the comment section...
I am unable to respond to each comment automatically through Blogger
so if you comment as anonymous 
please put your name somewhere so I can respond at the end.

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Susan said...

Hello, Lesley. I admire your attitude about your osteoarthritis diagnosis. I have a little in my fingers. Also, osteopenia. I am 65 but truly feel well and am grateful for my good health.

I did watch the coronation with my father and his girlfriend while visiting them in Florida, US. We got up at 5 am to see it!

Colleen said...

Hello Leslie,

I also have osteoarthritis, mostly in both hands....I take daily prescribed mild pain relief which helps a great deal. I think all exercise, diet etc in moderation is the way to go as we age.

I celebrated my 71 birthday over the weekend with good friends and a lunch out at a local pub. Most enjoyable !

Our autumn has been very mild here in NZ. We did watch the Coronation,
the British do know how to put on a grand show.

Lorrie said...

Hello Leslie,

I was at Butchart Gardens on Thursday and my Friday visit was postponed until tomorrow. It's so beautiful just now.
The Coronation was a magnificent spectacle. I watched it on Saturday in bits and pieces.

I'm sorry to read about your health issues, but I'm glad you are finding ways to treat the osteoarthritis and to maintain your active lifestyle. Our aging bodies do develop aches and pains!

Have a good week!

Sheila said...

I stayed up for the coronation - a little bit of "I saw it live!" Worth it, just to have the occasion be special.

I love the jacket - I have a soft spot for Reitman's! I remember their store as a teen - I could always find something good there.

Erika said...

I am loving your biker style outfit, and the denim dress looks great. I probably spend too much on clothes, so am trying to discipline myself this year!

Sorry to hear you have OA but at this stage in life (I'm the same age as you) physical blips happen and we deal with them as best we can, and get on with enjoying life. My mother used to say 'old age doesn't come itself'....and now I know what she means....ha! None of my close family got to reach the age I am now, so I count myself lucky. Stunning flower pics in your blog by the way!

Kristin said...

I’m enjoying your posts so much! They are a bright spot in my day.

Maggie said...

I have lots of arthritis and osteopenia as well. In 2017 I had a knee replaced and a couple of months ago I had the joint at the base of my thumb rebuilt. It's no fun, but at least there are remedies. Good luck!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Susan ~ The ceremony was quite regal...one would expect that given the history...weren't the children adorable?

Colleen ~ I am early in the osteoarthritis journey and have lots to learn...the coronation was really quite an opulent display...loved seeing the children and they were so well behaved!

Lorrie ~ The gardens are looking splendid! Aging is not for the faint of heart!!!

Sheila ~ I am very impressed with Reitmans...the local Mayfair shop has great staff and the selection of the clothing is much nicer than I remember!!

Erika ~ If buying and wearing nice clothes makes you feel good and you can afford it why not? Small Joys are to be embraced...we have earned them :-))

Kristin ~ I hope that you have a lovely week and thank you for your kind comment!

Maggie ~ Thankfully there are many advances in treatments and I am just reading up on the disorder...so I am learning a lot! Good to hear that you have taken advantage of the medical treatrments.


Doré Way said...

Hi Leslie - thanks for figuring out a work-around and continuing with your blog.

One of the things I have found most helpful is Alyssa's Youtube channel - she is a PhD in physio that specializes in arthritis. And she is easy to listen to and has great posts/exercises. I haven't signed up for her full program but use the many free videos she posts - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrA-zi9rqRQsPGinrwVhISQ

Wishing you the best,

Kristi

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Kristi - Dore Way,

Thank you for the tip on Alyssa's You Tube site...I watched a bunch of her videos and have learned quite a lot!

Judith said...

Leslie, your positive attitude towards the inevitable aches and pains of aging lighten my heart.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Judith ~ I am happy to hear that you enjoy reading the blog! I hope that you will continue to stop by The Humble Bungalow Blog :-))