Sunday, April 9, 2023

Men's Italian Shirt...Bellissimo


Daffodils are putting on a great showing here in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

We need the cheerful flowers as the skies are a gloomy grey and the weather is cold.
I've been feeling the chill and wearing layers on my walks.


It feels colder with the gusty winds...
I wore my wool hat and gloves then pulled up my hood on my fleece lined coat.
 Should have worn my "Michelin Man" puffer down coat.

Not many people were out and about so I had the beach almost to myself.
A few gulls and crows soaring overhead and were tossed about in the wind.

As soon as I finished my walk 
I got in the car and turned the seat heater and hot air on.
Zipped off home and put the kettle on for a hot cup of tea.
Gosh what would we do without a hot cuppa?
Good for so many things.


In other news I found an Italian mens shirt at the thrift shop.
~ Bellissimo ~
The brand is Bugatchi with details that indicate quality...


Just look...
see what I mean?
I'll wear this at home with my black Yoga pants and perhaps out my white jeans.
The pearls kick it up a notch.

~ Bellissimo ~

Mom would have approved :-))


Picked and Popped a wee posy...
Into this vintage elephant vase was a thrift shop find.

Did you know that elephants' trunks on should always be in the upward position 
or your good luck runs out?
I've heard this from several "collectors" who love elephants.

(Not unlike horse shoes that should be hung with the ends facing upward.)

Do you believe in luck?

Luck might help us when we are thrift shopping.
There are so many items that one needs to weed through...
you need to keep your eyes fully open.

Often there are surprises that you weren't even looking for...
they just pop up.
Like this Italian shirt for example...

I always take a peek in the menswear section 
especially in sweaters 
as cashmere is not just found in the women's section.

I once found an argyle pattern Burberry cashmere sweater that I gave to a friend.
Not sure if he still wears it 
(I have seen him wearing it at his shop.)

Do you peruse the charity and thrift shops?
What are your best finds?

We had a Good Friday dinner here with our son and the three lovely grands.

The menu:
Salmon
Pot Roast 
Wild Rice Broccoli casserole
Cauliflower au Gratin
Brussels Sprouts

Brownies and Strawberries

Easter Eggs for the kids...the adults munched a few too!

Hope you are enjoying a pleasant weekend.
Happy Easter Sunday!

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Your daffodils are wonderful - I love the ones with the orange centre best. We also have wind, which does seems to herald a change of season to Autumn which we welcome after all the Summer heat. Your new shirt is an amazing find - just looking at the detail of the contrast fabric on the collar stand and inner cuffs. That is so stylish! Your cooking skills never fail to impress: what a lovely Good Friday dinner, right through the menu :) Happy Easter!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love this variety of daffodil...the colours are so bold and bright. Yesterday we enjoyed a lovely walk along a beach in Metchosin where my husband spent much of his early childhood...it was invigorating!
How are your travel plans coming along?
Happy Easter Monday :-))

KSL said...

I love your new shirt, and it would be great with blue jeans as well. Very cool, and love it with your gorgeous pearls. The daffodils are amazing!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

KSL ~ I could wear the shirt with my white skinny jeans and my pearls...great for summer when the weather warms up here! Loving those tilipiere's that you are making...you are such a talented and versatile artist.