Sunday, February 26, 2023

Sunday ~ Sunshine and Snow

 


This candle is not what I expected...
it is melting in a rather unusual fashion.

The shopkeeper where I purchased this candle
assured me that they were quality imports from Europe.

I think I will go back to buying beeswax candles.
They burn cleanly and look lovely and are fragrant while they burn.


Reading Mick Herron's book Slow Horses the first in the series.
Mr. HB is on book 5 London Rules...
he has the next one and will purchase the new one when it is published this April.
We do not usually read the same books but this series is an exception.


My reading corner at the cottage.


The weather is freezing cold and we had some snow overnight.
Just a dusting.


It is a beautiful sunny Sunday here at the cottage!


Another vintage sealer jar...almost full.


We managed to get out for two beach walks and gather sea glass.

Fashionable OOTD at the cottage are rather non existent!

I pack a Lands' End tote with cozy casual sportswear during the fall and winter.

What I pack for the week:

Nightgown and Ralph Lauren terry robe
thick alpaca socks (instead of slippers)

Lingerie:
bras, panties, camisoles

Two long sleeved Lands" End cotton tops 
Yoga pants and a pair of black lined leggings
32 Below black velour zip jacket
Black quilted Eileen Fisher vest
distressed and much worn Gap denim shirt
Jeans 
Long sleeve Eileen Fisher boiled wool sweater 

Boots:
Warm lined Reiker boots in a tobacco shade
Black waterproof Josef Seibel Chelsea Boots

Columbia blue puffer coat
Burberry plaid scarf

You might be curious, I do wear my Akoya pearls...
my vintage burgundy leather Due Fratelli bag
I also bring a small black leather Roots bag for hikes and walks.

Our cottage time is laid back and casual.

Hope that you are keeping warm and cozy if it is snowing where you live.

We'll be spending most of the week with our noses in our books and going for walks.
Meals will be simple and the weather sounds like it will warm up.

Thank you for popping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
Many of you are frustrated that the email service Blogger offered is no longer working...
You can try Feedly or check in most Sundays for the post.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

9 comments:

MI6 said...

Love Mick Herron’s Slow Horses and Jackson Lamb? Interested in real spies like Kim Philby, John le CarrĂ©, Alan Pemberton or Bill Fairclough and how they got on with the SAS? Then read Beyond Enkription in The Burlington Files espionage series about the real scoundrels in MI6 aka Pemberton’s People. See a brief and intriguing News Article dated 31 October 2022 in TheBurlingtonFiles website and get ready to call your local film producer!

Sheila said...

I love that you have jars of sea-glass, L! My husband reads a few of my books - we have an overlap of about 50%.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you for the information. I have read a lot of le Carre's books and will check out the espionage series.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Reading the same books and chatting about them together is rather like hosting "A Married In House Book Club!" We've had great luck this week with the sea glass...the weather has been a challenge and the power outages were a bit inconvenient but it did offer me the opportunity to read and knit more :-))

MI6 said...

Both Slow Horses and Beyond Enkription are intriguing raw thrillers as long as you don’t expect John le CarrĂ©’s delicate diction, sophisticated syntax and placid plots.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Yes, please go back to beeswax candles. I know from personal experience just how toxic the others are. And thank you for all the book suggestions.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I don't have any of those expectations... I read for pleasure and have a wide variety of genres that I regularly read...I know it is difficult when one tries to compare authors, as many are not as polished as others...but if the story is good that's what matters.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I will be on the lookout for beeswax pillar candles on sale...I love how "clean" they smell and their burning habit...

MI6 said...

Agreed and the power of the story line is often underplayed by critics who nit pick over punctuation and grammar.