Sunday, February 12, 2023

Hearts...Valentines and a confession.


 ~ HEART ~
inside a horse barn near the village of Auvillar France



~ HEARTS ~ 

I've been on the hunt for a new make up bag for several months.
The cloth pouch with a zipper I was using for the past few years was not easy to use.
All the contents were jumbled together
 Plus I always seemed to need the item in the very bottom of the pouch!

I found this at Walmart
I was buying another item in the store and just happened upon it.
Can you see the HEARTS?


The top compartment has a place for brushes and pencils.


Top left, is a zippered are where I have some sharp scissors and tweezers. 
In the bottom on the right hand side ~
Andalou CC cream, Burt's Bees cream blush, Marcelle eye make up, 
mascara underneath and a magnifying mirror.

Much better for storage and travel.
I think I paid under $15 for the bag...well worth it.


~ HEART ~
Cracker 
Cafe Des Beaux Arts
Quai Malaquais
Paris France


Found a HEART shaped rock on the beach at Browning.
I was hunting for sea glass and this caught my eye.


While this doesn't really qualify as a HEART item, it lifts my HEART.

I use a basic everyday lotion from the drugstore,
 then decant it into a glass jar with a pump for ease of use.
Looking at a plastic bottle with a bunch of text all over it looks rather unsightly.
I prefer a simple sleek container that I can leave out on display.
I use lotion after my bath or shower and it helps to keep my skin soft and supple.

This shea butter lotion is a drugstore brand and has a light scent of orchid.
It is very reasonably priced and works well
the ingredients are recognizable and it is free of any nasty chemical additives.


I received pearls from my husband on a Valentines Day about 25 years ago.

Last summer I fell at the beach and sprained my wrist very badly.
 When I got home I noticed that my beloved pearl necklace was missing.

I was devastated...
as I was in terrible pain I had to dash off to the pharmacy
 to buy some Voltaren, Aleve and a wrist brace.

For the next few days I kept returning to the same beach to hunt for the pearls.
(perhaps they returned to the ocean with the tide)

I decided to replace the pearls and thought perhaps my husband would not notice.
I went to the jeweler who sold him the pearls way back in the day 
purchased this Akoya strand 
almost the same as the original strand...
(except for the price)
I have been wearing them almost daily, for the past few months.

Well dear reader, 
guess what?

He found out that they were not the original pearls, 
so I had to confess...


I don't expect that we will exchange Valentine's Day gifts this year...
but perhaps we will dine out close to Valentines and celebrate.

What do you have planned for your Valentine?
Something special from the HEART.


~ Happy Valentine's Day ~

Take care and thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Susan said...

What a story about your pearls! I recently lost one earring of a pair I had for over 50 years. I wore them often and miss them very much. On Valentine's Day, we have been invited to a friend's house for dinner. There will be three couples and we have met for a Valentine's dinner for many years. Our hostess will make the main dish and the rest of us will bring other things to round out the meal. I'll be taking some of my homemade bread (a buttery brioche) and a salad. I'm going to take a salad that I love, but have not made in many years. It's made with Butter (or Bibb) lettuce, mandarin oranges, sliced red onion, and sliced avocado. The dress is made with oil, sugar, tarragon vinegar, onion juice, and a bit of dry mustard.

Lorrie said...

Oh that's too bad about losing the pearls. Glad you found some similar ones. Love the heart shaped hole in the French building. We are meeting with friends for Valentine's evening. I'm bringing chocolate dipped strawberries. Have a good week.

Joyce said...

Lovely heartfelt post Leslie! (no pun intended) Happy Valentine's Day to you both and enjoy the love in whatever you do.

materfamilias said...

I would have been devastated losing a piece of jewelry that had so much emotional significance and also was such a part of your daily wear, part of a signature look. I think your solution was rather elegant, actually. You spared your husband all the fuss and did the replacing for him ;-)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Losing a piece of precious jewelry shocks and startles us...we come to know these adornments over time and they feel like part of us in many ways...I have a very small collection of jewelry so I wear my things a lot.
I hope that you had a lovely Valentine's dinner at the potluck. Your vinaigrette sounds very tasty...my recipe doesn't have sugar or tarragon but I have added jam on occasion.
Thank you again for your comment Susan, I very much look forward to hearing from you.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am enjoying this false spring weather...and I see that you have been to Rithet's Bog. I love walking there as there is such a wide variety of birdsong...lovely to see the ducks floating on the ponds too.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We had a quiet Valentines Day...it was cozy here in The Humble Bungalow. How are things going with you? We are expecting an Arctic Front to roll in bringing with it cold temperatures...hope that the daffodils will pop out soon. We have gorgeous snowdrops blooming in the garden.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I like your perspective on my replacement strategy!!!
Yes I did spare my husband the effort of going to the store...fortunately Paul, the jeweller had a strand in stock...the rest is history.
I won't be purchasing anything "big" for awhile :-))
Your book lists are so inspiring...I have read a few of the ones that you have read but not all, so my TBR list is growing longer and longer !!