Sunday, February 19, 2023

OOTD ~ Fashion Police "look away" and some thoughts on hair...

 


It's Sunday again...
I am trying to continue with my weekly posts and it seems like Sunday is THE day.

You might be surprised if you saw me today :-))

Honestly...
The Fashion Police would definitely be citing me with an infraction.
most certainly it would be an enormous fine.

After showering I put on my body lotion, washed and moisturized my face...
added some mascara and tinted lip balm.
I am not going out.

OOTD
A pair of indigo sweatpants
black camisole
 dove grey hand knit Miriam wool sweater
 slippers
&
Akoya pearls

This morning I am baking bread, doing laundry and tonight I am making a roast beef.
There will be some reading and knitting...

I am giving myself permission to stay home and cocoon.

In other news...


I found a cute top at the Win Thrift Shop


I used to see a lot of garments made by Joseph Ribkoff.


I think this will come in handy for the summertime.
I can pair it with pants and that blue linen skirt that I purchased last year.


The neckline is perfect for the pearls :-))


The sun was shining a few days ago...
today there are moody clouds blanketing the sky.


Must be craving summer with my shopping habits...
purchased a new straw tote.
a great size for our Pender trips.
It can be loaded up with my laptop, books, and a few other bits.
It will come in handy at The Farmer's Market as well.

Hubby and I went to the Tapas on Oak for dinner.
Our son and the grands gave us a gift card so we wanted to try it out.
The food was good and the tapas portions were perfect for two.
It was busy and the wait staff were super friendly and efficient.


I wore a casual outfit...
tweed Hudson pants
this black crinkle top and my Chelsea boots.

I have no idea who made this top?
it has been in  my wardrobe for ages, it must have been a thrift shop find.
I took it travelling to France and Italy as when washed it dries overnight.
Great for layering !

I post on Instagram daily and several readers mentioned my hair style...
"straight and flat ironed"
the texture of the salt and pepper grey has changed and my hair is much thinner.

This would appear to be an aging issue...
many women complain of thinning hair 
my 69th birthday is a few weeks away
so I guess it is my turn...
but no complaints :-))

Do you colour your grey hair or have you gone au natural?
Was it a gradual process going grey or did you just stop dying it?
Has the texture changed like mine?

Have you changed your hairstyle?
I know many women keep their signature style over decades...
rather like a signature fragrance, many never ever stray.

I am not unhappy with my hair,  but I regularly change things up.
Covid happened and I grew my hair long.
Two years later I had it cropped in a short layered bob.
Now it appears that I am growing out the layers and wearing it straight.
I haven't been to my hairdresser for a few months.

Shall we chat about our hair?
Leave a comment to chime in...

Well I guess I better get on with my day...
lunch will not make itself
plus I want some tea...
then there is bread to bake and laundry to fold!

Hope that you are all well...there seems to be a lot of illness about.

Be Well and Be Kind 

12 comments:

Lorrie said...

Your OOTD sounds cozy and comfortable, and very elevated with your pearls. I let my hair go au naturel about 6 years ago - it's brown mixed with grey. And it's thinning, too, although I can't complain too much. My sister has very thin hair. For years I straightened my hair into a smooth bob, but recently had more layers cut into it and can embrace the natural curl if I want, or still straighten it. It's good to have options.
Happy Family Day!

Sandy said...

Love your new clothing additions. I love pearls as well although I do tend to wear the same jewelry pieces everyday. I am 62 and let my hair go natural at age 41. I knew that is was fully salt and pepper. The dye just wouldn’t take any more and would often turn reddish soon after. I absolutely detested that look on me. I taught school so the day school let out I want and chopped it off ina pixie cut and by the end of summer I was a salt and pepper new girl. I wore it short for years but finally grew it out and loved it. It is. Now it far more white than the salt and pepper but I think it fits me. I too grew mine out during Covid, but honestly I think it made my face look heavy. I have gone back and forth between straight bob and letting it curl. Currently, I am wearing layers and curls about an inch above the shoulders. I think I have found my sweet spot. I hate putting products on my hair. That is just me. I also try to let it dry by itself to keep it from being so dry. I do use the curly product in the green squeeze container. I have seen it on your blog. Can’t think of the name right now. In fact, all this discussion has shown me I really need to update my photo on blogger. Ha!

Sheila said...

No judgment ever about house clothes! I'm lounging about in my robe, watching the trees wave about in the storm!

Love that you're playing with your hair. I'm still lavender, and growing it long - but I change up my hair frequently. I've mostly given up covering the white/grey, aside from the purple tint.

KPD said...

I have been bugging my hair stylist for ideas on going gray for years. She always told me it wouldn't look good yet. During covid I grew my hair out and discovered she was absolutely correct. So now my hair is dyed with a translucent color that gives me hair ranging from blond to brown. Meanwhile my hair has really thinned out. The good news is that it does not take long to dry, and a blow out last three or four days. I forgo the blow out in the summer and let my hair go curly. It's to cold for me to go walking around with damp hair in the winter.

Marguerite said...

Hi Leslie, We are the same age and you are going to be 68 on your next birthday, don't rush it. My hair has gotten shorter and shorter as I have aged and I love it, next step would probably be a shaved head. But for a change I am growing it out to a bob, ergh for the agony of the in-between times. I still have some brown on top but white / grey underneath. I have never gotten that thicker or crinkly effect from grey hair, still the same baby fine

Jeannine said...

When I colored my hair I did it myself and didn't use permanent hair color, so when I decided to stop (sometime in my 50s) it was easy as the semi-permanent hair color just kind of fades in time. There was no difficulty. I've never been happy with my hair and that continues, only more so! I've always had fine hair and it's always been on the thin side. The last year or so I've noticed I'm losing hair (I'll be 66 in April). At my best I didn't have hair to lose! I once told my sister, "I'm going bald!". I wear my hair short - varying lengths of short. If my hair gets too long I find it just gets too flat and what I would call "stringy". I don't use conditioner as all it does is grease up my hair and weigh it down. I let my hair air dry and often use a curling iron to give it a little oomph. Regular use of the curling iron dries out my hair some and, for me, that's a good thing as it then holds some body a little better. When my hair is "too soft" it just goes limp more easily. Could be worse - I'm not bald (yet!).

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

You have options with your hairstyle and can wear it curly or straight...according to your mood! Hope that you are staying cozy in this frigid weather :-))

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Your journey to embrace your grey hair is inspiring...I notice many women as they transform from their dyed hair to the natural shades of grey...it is a very bold journey! Our natural hair colour can redefine us...we may choose to wear different colours of clothing...I know I look better wearing shades that I used to avoid when I had brown hair! Brighter lipstick is possible too :-))
I cannot remember the styling product in that green tube...but it sounds like it works for you Sandy. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Sheila I guess I got a pass...so far no citations have arrived!
I like you in that soft shade of lavender...you have fun with fashion and a flair for accessorizing so it is no surprise that you opt for a fun shade for your hair! Hope you have a great weekend and can stay cozy in these freezing temps.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Going grey is not for everyone...in France most older women opt for dye and many in the south of France use a henna red shade. I was definitely in the minority of older women with grey and salt and pepper hair!!
Thinner hair is quicker to wash and style...air drying is good in the warmer weather and I plan to let mine air dry this summer.
Take care

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Marguerite I cannot believe that i thought i was turning 69....how strange? I did that in my late 30's too :-))
I have seen so many cute bobs online...I may get mine shortened at the stylist when I next see her...growing hair out is a challenge...you might enjoy wearing hats and clips for fun.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sounds like the transition back to your natural hair colour was pretty simple...so many of us had permanent dye and so we opted to have the length cut super short or suffered through a "skunk phase" as it grew out! I noticed many women doing this during Covid when so many of us were working from home. The thinning hair is a complaint of many women...my hair was thicker than most of my friends too so I really notice the change. I am not at the bald stage...hope it never gets that thin :-((
Take care and hope you are keeping warm during this cold snap.