Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Let it snow....


It was almost a white Christmas!
The snow fell fast and furious and closed down the roads.
Ferries, buses and some businesses were out of service for several days.


Tea for Two?
Iced Tea perhaps...


Dinner on the Deck?
Looks like a puffy Pavlova dessert.


Even the Christmas baubles were clad in snow....


The Humble Bungalow Garden
looked quite pretty dressed up in all white.

We've been busy!

The snow has melted and there is a gusty wind and rain taking its place.
Power outages are predicted and the lights here are flickering
so I am hoping that we don't lose our power.


We have a lot of candles and a fireplace with some logs 
in which to build a fire if need be...

Hubby got one of those cool toques with a light in the front
so he can turn it on and read his book.
I don't think there would be enough light for me to knit on my current project.


I finished the vest and am knitting another Miriam sweater.
I knit one in a soft dove grey and the one that I am knitting now is a turquoise shade.

We were busy over the holidays with family, friends and there was lots of good food.

Did you try the nut recipe that I posted last time?

I gave away all the jars I made except one...
it is currently on the counter and I sneak a bite every so often.
Dang those nuts are tasty!!!

My husband and I no longer exchange gifts at Christmas.
We really have enough...
If we really NEED something we go out and buy it.

For example...
Our infloor heating thermostat broke just before the holidays
so we hired an electrician to come and swap it out.

Besides it is much more fun to give...
to our family
and
to friends.

I've been able to add a donation to the local food bank every week 
when I buy our groceries...
there are many people in need.

I will close for now and get our dinner started.


I hope that you had a good Christmas.


Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
Until next time...

 ~Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Noelle said...

Your knitting is inspiring me to take up needles again. I have noticed that your vests and jumpers are quite abbreviated and I wonder how you style them over things, like shirts. I’d love to see you wearing one to give us ideas.

Sheila said...

Happy Christmas to you and Mr. HB, Lesley! I'm so thankful most of the snow was gone in time for us to drive to Powell River for the holidays with my husband's family. I'll take wind over snow any day, although it does look beautiful in your garden! I've been overindulging in chocolate!

All the best to you for a happy New Year!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The sweaters and vest that I knit are short because I am only 5 foot 1 and have a short waist...the joy of knitting is that one can customize the garments to best fit the body that you are knitting them for!
Glad to hear that you are inspired to knit again.
Happy New Year Noelle.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sheila Christmas is a time to indulge a we bit...we can get serious again with our food habits come the new year! The snow was quite beautiful but I am glad it has melted...we can get back pout for our walks without the fear of icy falls and breaking bones.

Patricia said...

What lovely snow pictures. I really like the way it sculpts the shapes of your outdoor furniture (I have enjoyed this sight a couple of times when we visited Canada in Winter). I hope you have not lost power, although building a fire for light as well as warmth does appeal to the senses. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Jeannine said...

I love snow for Christmas! We had a white Christmas, but the snow is now melting rather quickly as the temps keeps rising. I'm so impressed with your knitting skill. The most I can do is knit dishcloths, which is certainly something as they're very useful. I had a long lull in my knitting and found I had to go back to the drawing board and google "how to knit" again! I was quickly able to get back to it. Happy New Year!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We maintained the power and the winds died down after we went to sleep. The rain is so much easier! There has been some flooding up island but nothing too serious here locally.
Happy New Year Patricia XO

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I used to knit dishcloths all the time! Baby blankets for shower gifts and a few scarfs...Covid and so much stay at home time was the reason I tried sweaters and it has expanded my repertoire.
Hope that 2023 will bring us more freedom from Covid and allow us to get back to more socializing. Happy New Year Jeannine.