Thursday, October 28, 2021

October musings...


Fall is in full flourish...
we are enjoying
 the beautiful palette of Autumnal Shades.


Berries 


Leaves 
a pop of colour
red juxtaposed against grey stones.

Mother Nature's Paintbrush is showing her talent and liberal use of colours this Fall.


Rain and a fierce wild windstorm 
knocked out our power for 17 hours
at Quarterdeck Cottage.

We had to tough it out 
we kept the gas fireplace on and hunkered down with our books.

Unfortunately we had to throw out most of the food that was in the fridge.


I read this book in a couple of days...
set in Cornwall
I enjoyed the story.


The local Pender Island ferries were able to run even during the wind.
Several of our neighbours went home early due to the power outage.


I am back working on The Doocot Sweater pattern.
It has been sitting in my knitting bag for the better part of a year.

Not sure why I left it so long before picking up my knitting needles again?

Do you put aside projects?

The yarn is Rowan Tweed and is soft and easy to work with...
I am absolutely smitten with the colour!

There are a few more inches of ribbing before I can start on the sleeves.

I have learned many new techniques while working on this pattern.
My husband gave me The Vogue Knitting Book and that has been invaluable.
Trying something new without help "in real life" can be daunting 
so books and "You Tube" Knitting Videos have been great!

We will be packing up and back home tomorrow.

Halloween is only a few days away!


We've got the candy treats ready for the Trick or Treaters on Sunday.

Our friends from France will be staying with us for a few days.

How are things going with you?

Thank you for dropping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

4 comments:

Patricia said...

I enjoy your posts and photos so much. You have quite a talent at photography, as well as gardening ! Your blog is very calming to me - thanks so much !

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Patricia,
Thank you for your kind words...I like finding things in my daily round to capture in snapshots and publish them on the blog and on Instagram. Hope that you are staying well.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful yarn! I also just love the color.

I have a very bad habit of putting things aside half done. If I've hit a snag and have problems figuring out a problem, I often go back after a while and it's often easier to come up with the solution. But sometimes I just hate it halfway through. In those cases, I'm far less likely to finish.

Your photos are lovely!

Lorrie said...

17 hours is a long time to be without power. I'm glad you were safe and cozy in your cottage. Now it's good weather for all the trick or treaters this weekend!