Friday, October 15, 2021

Fall Focus ~ Wool sweater, eye make-up, flowers and comfort food.


~ Autumnal shades ~

Glorious dahlias are boldly blooming here in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

I've cleaned and culled my make up bag and disposed of old mascara.
The last mascara I purchased was a real disappointment...
it was far too dark and really gloopy.

So I ventured to a local pharmacy 
where a long time clerk in the make-up section steered me in the right direction.


Benefit and Lancome


Brows and lashes


"Precisely My Brow" in "warm light brown" shade.
A soft smooth pencil to fill in the gaps and a wee brow brush for blending.
Waterproof, smudge proof for 12 hours.


Idole

360 micro bristle wand
feather light gel formula that provides:

Lash lifting mascara
140% eye opening effect
95% instant lift
94% intense volume
90% clump free lashes


Rachel Zoe wool sweater
comfy and cozy
sure to be a chill chaser
can be layered under my puffy vest.

Will wear this with my Eileen Fisher black pants or jeans.
If I had a great skirt I would pair it with that too...
HMMM...perhaps a skirt is next on my shopping list?

Will also match my grey cashmere socks.


Easy beans
a comforting meal on a chilly fall evening.

Slow Cooker Beans

6 slices of pork belly cubed
1 cup diced onion
1 cloves minced garlic
1 can pinto beans
1 can great Northern beans, drained
1 can baked beans
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
3/4 c ketchup
1/2 cup molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp. Worchestershire sauce
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
1/2 Tsp. ground pepper

Put all the ingredients into a slow cooker.
Sir to mix and cook for 4 hours.

(Omit the pork belly if you want a vegetarian bean dish)

Serve with soft buns or toast.

Very tasty and so quick to assemble and the slow cooker does the work!

Enjoy.

Thank you for popping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

materfamilias said...

That dahlia is stunning -- what rich colours!
And you can't go wrong with that cozy grey sweater. Perfect for this week's rainy grey days!

Lorrie said...

Finding just the right makeup can be tricky. Your new grey sweater is just right for this rainy season we are currently enjoying.

Madame La-Bas said...

I've been having problems with sensitive eyes lately. The friendly lady at our neighbourhood drugstore recommended LaRoche-Posay Toleriane mascara which seems to be working well.
I really like your grey sweater. I've been wearing pink and grey as my winter favourites for a few years now. These are very good reading days. I'm enjoying The Rose Code.

Sharon said...

Beautiful dahlia--one of the garden joys this season

awhiterockgarden said...

Thanks for the makeup tips!

Michelle said...

Oh my, what a gorgeous dalia! Mine were all eaten by either slugs or earwigs, but I did save a few pink blooms. Gorgeous grey sweater. I haven't worn a lot of grey in the past, but now that my hair is grey, I am finding it can look quite chic.

For mascara, I am enjoying Marcelle Extension Plus Curl. No clumping or flaking, and it doesn't go on too thick.