Sunday, May 30, 2021

OOTD, cocktails and Beautiful Blooms...

 


White rose on John Paul ll
Pure white blooms are very elegant...
they remind me of Coco Chanel's simple white gardenias.

I have been so distracted by Donna Leon's mystery books of late...
I am reserving them at the public library and are reading my way through 
her series with Guido Brunetti.

I highly recommend her books.

So this post will be a wee one and once I hit publish
I'll be back in my chair in the living room with my nose in her book.


OOTD

I wore a Cut Loose crinkly tunic top with black capri tights.
An artisan necklace


Josef Siebel red ballet flats
Vintage wicker Ann Taylor bag.

We met up with friends On Friday evening in the sunshine.


Cocktails on the patio at The Snug at The Oak Bay Beach Hotel.


So wonderful getting together with friends.

It has been many months since we were permitted to go out to eat with friends.
The vaccinations and our recent "circuit breaker" that was set by our provincial health officer has helped reduce the number of active Covid cases and the rules are once again eased...

This week while I was
walking in the Cook Street Village
 I popped into Mercedes Lane.

A large shop with oodles of fun clothes...many are beautiful Italian linens.

The skort is by UPP and The dress is made in Turkey by Sassy.


I had not planned to buy anything I went in merely to peruse their stock.
Slightly risky because you never know what you'll find.


Spanish Lavender
potted in an urn out front of The Humble Bungalow.
The bees just love this plant.
I like the feathery "hat" atop of the blooms.

Hope that you are enjoying your weekend.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~





16 comments:

Lorrie said...

Yes, it's so nice to be able to meet with a few people at a time. We had one of our daughters and her family over for dinner last night - just lovely! Your new clothes look stylish and we're all wanting stylish, I think, after being at home for so long. What a striking Spanish lavender!

Madame La-Bas said...

We met another couple for lunch last week too. We have not seen them since February 2020.
It seems that we will enjoy a bit more company this summer. I enjoy the Brunetti books because we read about the life of the family as well as solving a mystery. The series reminds me a bit of the Gamache (Louise Penny) books. I'm waiting patiently until I can visit Victoria again. If I lived near Cook Street Village, Mercedes Lane would be a temptation!

materfamilias said...

I’m so impatient to get back to Victoria, mostly to see my son’s family but you’re reminding me of some other great reasons... you have some great little boutiques there!

Jeannine said...

Gosh, I've never seen Spanish lavender. What an unusual and beautiful plant!

LadyJicky said...

Sadly we are in Lock Down but ..... I do love those cloths you bought!

Kristien62 said...

I must look into those books. I love the Inspector Gamache books so, if the Donna Leon mysteries are as good, I’ll be a happy lady. Your new items are lovely. I’m a firm believer in purchasing things I’m sure I’ll love, even if I wasn’t in the market for them.

So glad things are returning to some normalcy. I wish the U.S. would slow down a bit. It feels like they have just thrown the doors open and let everyone run loose. I am sad for my lovely Canadian DIL who hasn’t seen her family in a year and a half. Her mother and father have never seen their grandson born last August.

La Contessa said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ENJOYING LIFE AGAIN AS WE ALL ARE!
I HAVE HEARD THOSE BOOKS ARE GOOD!
I HAVE JOHN POPE!BETTER GO CHECK ON HIM NOW AS I HAVE BEEN AT THIS COMPUTER FOR THE LAST 4 hours!!!

Margie from Toronto said...

I envy you that drink out with friends! We are not going to be set loose until June 14 - at that point we should be able to have a table of 4 people out on a patio - I am looking forward to it!

I've been a Donna Leon fan for years - I have the latest book on hold at the library - otherwise I am all up to date. She is quite the interview subject - I saw her in person a couple of years ago and she does not suffer fools gladly! She was on tour and the stop was at the main reference library - I think the room limit should have been about 400 but they were cramming people in everywhere! She has some very interesting interviews on YouTube.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Since getting the vaccination I am prepared to be more social and dress up on more occasions. There are so many cute clothes in the shops this season. Sounds like a fun family gathering.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

We are enjoying the opportunities to get together with a few friends and especially our family. We took our daughter and her husband out for dinner to Zambri's our favourite Italian place here in Victoria, it was great seeing them in person after many months.
When you visit Victoria I would love to meet you if you have time.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Victoria has some fabulous small boutiques...Sidney has quite a few. Sounds like mid June the travel restrictions will be lifted.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The lavender is quite different and yet it smell the same as the English variety. The bees love it too!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hopefully the number of Covid will eas up soon. Once most people get their vaccinations we should have that community immunity.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Donna Leon writes a very good mystery....I think you'll enjoy her books. The characters evolve over time just the way Louise Penny does with her books...start with the first ones if you can find them.
Take care.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Our garden is a riot of roses right now...dead heading is a daily job! You'd like the mystery series from Italy...mostly set in Venice and Rome...the story grabs you from the first page!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

June 14th is just a week away! Good luck...
I will check out those interviews on You Tube thank you for mentioning them to me. I just picked up two of her books at the library and am halfway through one already!!