Monday, May 11, 2020

Love...

Feeling love...
possibly more intense in these precarious times that we are living in.


a brightly painted heart rock on my beach walk last week


Intense Blue Skies at McNeill Bay in Oak Bay.

This is the beach where I spent my childhood..
we lived 2 blocks from the beach and we loved exploring the seashore.


I found some pretty sea glass on my walk.


Feeling so grateful for the smallest of things each day...


 European Wall Lizard
one of many living in The Humble Bungalow Garden.


 ~ Muguet des Bois ~

Intoxicating...
a heavy heady fragrance
pure white elegance.

Mother's Day

Remembering my dear Mom today  
I think of her everyday
but miss her more on these "special" days.


Mother's Day garden visit
with gifts from darling daughter and her sweet husband.
Tokens of love.




Garden visit with our son.

Flowers...a handmade card made with love.


Warm weather over the weekend...
we broke two weather records for high temperatures!

Cats are content snoozing on our bed.


Yummy dinner of chicken baked potatoes 
with
freshly harvested asparagus which is growing in our garden.


Mount Baker as seen from Island View Beach.
A wee bit blurry...
 a magnificent sight to see.

So many things to see
to appreciate 
to love.

Hope that you are finding some bright spots in your daily round.


Our eyes can embrace the beauty that surrounds us all...

take a few moments breathe in the fresh air
in awe of Mother Nature and all her glory
stay calm
be well.


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~ 

16 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are spectacular earrings, L! Wow! I also really like your glasses - the two-toned frame is really nice.

I love seeing your cats all flopped out. Mine just lays there on the carpet like a lump, looking at me as if to say, "Okay, I'm done with this heat. Make it cooler."

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a nice post, I really like you with your hair up, it looks very becoming and quite elegant.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Sheila the frames are from Paris by a company called face a face. Darling daughter has great taste and knows what I like...most appreciated!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It’s my new go to Covid up do! Been keeping the hair out of my face so I am not tempted to touch my face or the wayward strands.

Madame La-Bas said...

The earrings are spectacular! You look very sophisticated with your hair up. The days have been so warm and sunny but today will be an indoor day, I think. Books to read and Netflix to watch.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am wearing my hair up a lot these days...with the heat it feels cooler having it up.
What are you watching on Netflix? I could use a few suggestions. There are so many programs that it’s often difficult finding ones that we want to watch!

efstathia kositzidou said...

Happy mother's day!I love your glasses!Efi.

Patricia said...

Thank you for the lovely post and pictures ! Your skin is absolutely beautiful - you are so youthful looking. Take care and stay strong and healthy !

Polly said...

Your gifts are gorgeous and the handmade card is lovely. Cats are great, they can always find a comfy place. I love your red and white plants.

La Contessa said...

YOUR DINNERS ALWAYS LOOK SO DELICIOUS!TONIGHT I/m making THAT BROCOLLI SALAD!
SHOULD I make it ahead?SERVED COLD?
XX

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Than you! The glasses are by a company in Paris called Face a Face.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Patricia you are most kind! I will try my best to stay healthy...I am only going out to get groceries and walking right now but have heard that there are some measures being drafted at easing our restrictions.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The cats do love to nap and are always a great source of entertainment for us! This morning right after I made the bed our elder cat Pepper raced into our room and jumped on the bed ready for her siesta!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yes make that salad ahead and chill it in the fridge. Serve it cold and I hope that you enjoy it!

kateR said...

I do enjoy your blog - it is a refreshing oasis. Aaaand, I grew up 1 1/2 blocks from McNeil Bay! How can this be? Were we neighbours? Virtually every day, I visited the beach. I caught many unfortunate creatures in the tide pools, using an old sieve from the kitchen.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Did you go to Monterey and Oak Bay Jr and Sr Schools? We lived on Guernsey Street near Lafayette Park. Where did you live? Maybe our paths have crossed!