Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Archival images...a study in black and white


Snowman from the Archives


Snow Shell


Pussy Willows



A gift of Jo Malone
(rose diffuser)
years ago...


lovely scent!


"Wanna Be" 
Chanel-esque jacket that I no longer own...


loved the details



Hang in there Flopsy!


Magnolia bloom in The Humble Bungalow Garden


Hydrangeas 


Vintage brooch


Eiffel Tower
Paris inspiration...


Waves in The Salish Sea


Emma Bridgewater
Black Toast


LBD ~ Elie Tahari
Silk scarf ~ Hermes



Shoes!


I always Re-Use the Dyptique candle holders.


On the look out...


Vintage Collectibles


Seen on one of my walks ages ago!!


Legislative Buildings


Downstairs bathroom storage shelf


Climbing Royal Sunset Roas in the snow.



Tire swing in the common on our block.


Snowy day!


Sweet Peas


Sun breaking through the clouds


Pattern mixing...


Gingham and dots...


Pearls and Dior


Paris 2015
Musee D'Orsay
Jamie Cat Callan Tour


Butchart Gardens Festive Lights



Vintage Ironstone Jug


Storage Tins


Vintage Sherman Pin


Ooh La La 
Chanel


Yes I do coil the boat ropes at the dock!


My 
Rose-y
Loose-y Goose-y 
Painting


An early OOTD on the blog!



Scarf tying tutorial...





I am now on the lookout for a crisp white shirt...
this one is no longer in my wardrobe.



(Quote from the Chanel Book)


Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.
 The archival images are a trip down memory lane...

In order to leave a comment 
you need to use a Google search engine like Chrome 
as Safari is not longer working.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~ 

14 comments:

Judith said...

Lovely B/W photo montage. You have a real eye for composition.

Kerrie Roberts said...

I do love the Chanel style jacket. Such a classic that it's a pity not to still have it in the back of the wardrobe.

Lorrie said...

A wonderful collection of Black and White! Too bad the Chanelesque jacket isn't still in your closet. So pretty.
Facebook reminded me this morning that 3 years ago we had snow on this day!

La Contessa said...

I REMEMBER ALMOST ALL THOSE PHOTOS!!!!!!!
BEEN READING YOU FOR ALONG LONG TIME!

Jeannine said...

Nice black and white collection, thanks!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

wow, what nice images. I love you jacket, so sorry you had to let it go. This is a great post.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Judith...I have fun taking pictures.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

That jacket was worn for many happy years...I am always looking out for a replacement....

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Yes we often get snow in late February or early March...
the jacket was worn a LOT! I am looking for a replacement but have had no luck yet...it is on my list and will pounce on a new version if I can find one.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

YES!
I (YOU TOO!) have been blogging for many many years...
such a fun hobby!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

More than happy to share...
lots of archival photos on the blog. It was fun to look back and see them...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hopefully I will find a new replacement jacket sometime....I am looking. My lifestyle is much more casual now that i am retired...but for an evening out it would be nice to have one to add to my basic black pants and skirts. Could be worn with dressy jeans too.

Susan said...

Such beautiful images! Thank you for sharing them. 🙂

Jen Lawrence said...

Wonderful inspiration!