Friday, September 27, 2019

Surprises! Flowers and an unexpected Frock...


An unexpected bloom from one of our Calla Lilies...
they were in flower during the summer and most have become dormant.
Not this one!


This beautiful blue hydrangea bloom is outshining the rest on the plant.
Most of the other flowers have faded and are dry and crispy.

If you read my Instagram you'll know that this hydrangea was a gift from my husband's firm when my father passed away in 2007.

It was a small potted plant when it arrived.
Now, years later, it stands about 6 feet tall and 5 feet in diameter!


Am immersed in Where The Crawdads Sing and loving the story so much!


Replenished my supply of serum from IS Clinical.
This serum works hard and delivers on its promise for better skin.

A luggage strap for my carry on.
The book I plan to take on the plane.


I ran errands on Oak Bay Avenue on a sunny breezy Fall day...
to get in more steps and walking I popped into a few of the shops and browsed.

This black Nyan dress caught my eye in the Maresa Boutique
It looked interesting and has some fabulous textural details.
I had not planned to purchase anything 
BUT it spoke to me!!!

It will replace the black textured skirt I planned to take in my carry on.
It will be an easy dress to wear...with hose or capri leggings.
Perfect for the trip to Italy and France.


The garden is still quite colourful...
My desire to get out there and work and weed has completely vanished...

Busy elsewhere in The Humble Bungalow this week.
Packing lists, errands and painting.

We had to rip up the carpets and underlay as we had some rainwater seep in during the last torrential rainstorm.

My husband discovered that the rain barrel
which usually stores then distributes the precipitation to the garden
 via a soaker hose 
(which unfortunately was plugged) 
 so 
it saturated the soil right beside the floor and seeped inside.

He's installed and overflow gauge with a wider solid hose. 
(in case the soaker hose malfunctions again)

Spent several days painting the concrete floor in the guest room.
We have purchased a couple of runners for now and will monitor the situation.


I pass by a garden on my way to the wee lending library and often stop to admire the unusual plants that grow in it.

This pretty pink plant is in the garden across the street.
I have no idea what kind of plant it is but will make sure that I ask 
next time I see our neighbours out in their garden.

Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surprise Fall blooms are true gifts. The last blooms of the season. Yours are beautiful. That pink blooming plant in your neighbors garden looks like a Fall blooming crocus to me. I'm curious if it is not. Your dress looks perfect for your trip. Nice find. Water damage is a royal pain. A few weeks ago one of my heat pumps leaked across my wood floor. A spider built a nest in the out flow line and caused a block! Now I'm replacing the floor with new wood. Thank goodness I have a great flooring contractor. Your trip is now approaching quickly. Susan

Carolyn said...

Your new dress is going to be perfect for your trip!!! You have inspired me to get organized (I leave for France October 6th )

Deborah said...

Your new dress is great...versatile and looks comfortable to wear. My sort of clothing!

KSL said...

Great dress and I think it's a fantastic swap out for a skirt in a carry on. You'll get a lot of wear from it. Sorry about your floors...house problems seem never ending.

MabonMoon said...

I am guessing, Autumn Crocus. I do love them. Your dress was a great find! How exciting to be packing for your trip. Something to look forward to.

Lorrie said...

The weather is very changeable just now and it seems the flowers get confused! So pretty, though. The new dress looks perfect for travel!

DirtDiva66 said...

Color makes me think of pink rain lily, Zephyranthes If long, very thin, shiny, strap-like leaves are visible emerging from soil, that also suggests it’s not an autumn crocus