Friday, May 17, 2019

Pops of Colour


Clematis Jackmanii


In a deep blue and purple when the blooms are new.
They fade a wee bit in the sunshine.


Lucky Brand silk scarf
in shades of mauve orange and red.
I wear this with my denim jacket and dress.


A lovely fresh rose fragrance from L'Occitane of Provence.
Arlesienne


Fig scented Lip exfoliating cream and a new lipstick.
Vibrant red summer colour.


Red Russell Lupines



The bees love this flower!

May is a very colourful month in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

I've been hand watering almost everyday due to the light rainfall that we have had this month.

Its so relaxing standing outside in the sunshine with the hose and nozzle spraying much needed moisture to the thirsty plants.

The hummingbirds and butterflies like to fly into the fine mists of water.
It's almost like they are saying thank you to me for providing them with water!



The geraniums on the front porch continue to put on a beautiful display.
I like geraniums as they are stalwarts in the potted plant arena!
Quite inexpensive and repeat bloom all summer long.

I opt for plants in a bold shade of red and some pure white ones.

The red ones in the planter on the railing
with some white ones in pots on the tables by the front door.

The white lavender is a new plant.
The bees are drawn to this one in droves.

I finished reading Educated, a memoir, by Tara Westover.
It was a difficult book to get through...
some parts were very graphic and utterly terrifying
her story is truly amazing.

I think I will read something much lighter next!

We've got a long weekend coming up as it is Victoria Day on Monday.
 I hope to get out weeding in the garden, do some cooking and entertaining.

What plans do you have for the weekend?

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree re Educated being an amazing story, hard to imagine someone surviving a horrific childhood to go on to achieve so much. Thanks for your lovely garden photos.

Poppy Q said...

Your garden and porch are pretty and I love the vibrant colors.

HappyFace313 said...

:-) So pretty!
Have a HAPPY weekend! :-)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Her story is one that will stay with me for quite sometime...it certainly makes me grateful for my childhood experience growing up in a fairly "normal" family. No one has a perfect life but some people have so much adversity to overcome...Tara is an example of someone who suceeded despite the odds.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Its good that I opt for more colour in the garden than i do in my wardrobe :-))

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you...I popped over to take a peek at your blog. Looks like you have fun writing it and I appreciate that you have a translate option.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

You are have a very beautiful month...the flowers...wow! And you new scarf is just delicious looking, I love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Your garden is very beautiful. I’ve not seen white lavender before - I’ll have to look out for it. And your geraniums, especially the white ones, are another idea I might copy ;) Thanks for the inspiration. My weekend is proving to be a good mix of chores and fun, including a trip to the theatre, Maria

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful garden! The white lavender is new to me and you’ve given me a renewed appreciation of white geraniums. My weekend is turning out to be a good mix of chores and fun, including a visit to the theatre, Maria

Anonymous said...

Ummm...can i come live at your house?! Such amazing color and profusion of flowers!

Jeannine said...

Your flowers are just beautiful. We've been in a period of much rain which promises to continue tonight and tomorrow. We've also had very cool weather considering that we're in the middle of May. I do have some pots planted, but need to keep a watchful eye for possibilities of frost which will require moving them all to the garage for the night.

Patricia said...

Enjoyable pops of colour! Your red and white geraniums look very happy there on the porch. My red one is very strong and blooms generously too. They are great plants for long Summer colour. The rose fragrance looks very tempting...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The scarf is whisper soft silk and light enough to wear in the spring. May has been gorgeous! It usually is a good one for our garden as the plants and flowers are just coming to life.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Maria your weekend sounds full and delightful just the right balance...hope you have a fabulous week ahead.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh my you have to watch for frost in May! In Victoria we usually hold back planting seeds and tender plants until May 24th. It is a date when we can be pretty sure there will be no frost.
Good luck with your new plants.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

These white and red geraniums are quite hardy and reliable plants. I have always enjoyed them in window boxes and pots.
The fragrance is really lovely...perhaps you can ask for s sample of it first to see if it is to your liking? I tried it in weeks ago and wore it a few days before deciding that I would return to the shop and purchase it in the full size.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Patricia I posted a reply on your comment but it looks like I didn’t click reply properly! You can see what I wrote if you pop back! A senior moment 🤣

LPC said...

White lavender! I didn't know there was such a thing! I'm intrigued...

Madame Là-bas said...

May is such a colourful month! The scent of the lilacs fill the air. I've got some geraniums to plant in the gardens. I chose pink with blue lobelia. I just finished reading The Paris Seamstress which was bingeworthy. One of those wartime Resistance stories that I pick up at the secondhand store and then share. I'm starting On Island by Pat Carney who lives on Saturna now. It's short story/vignettes of coastal life. I bought it at the ferry terminal. It's probably an interesting beach/pool book.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It must be a new variety as I have never seen it before! The bees love it! Would pair nicely in your white garden area.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have read quite a few books set during war time these past few years. I think my favourite one is The Nightingale but there are so many good ones out there. I am reading a light beach read called The Summer Cottage. It’s quite refreshing after the serious book I read a memoir by Tara Westover titled Educated!