Monday, September 2, 2024

Oh My Goodness!! it is already September...

 


Summer is slowly slipping away...


Feet up...
Sipping Green Tea on the porch most afternoons...

My old sneakers fell apart so I purchased a new pair.
These are GBG from Los Angeles 
I have never heard of this brand before?


Snapped a dressing room selfie...

This Lands' End denim dress has been a wonderful weekday workhorse
in my wardrobe.

I will be wearing it this Fall too :-))


The custom sea glass pendant by Charlene Hall of Pender Island 
has been getting oodles of compliments.


Thrifted measuring scoop...
  a new jar for flour are taking up valuable space on my counter.


Weekly sourdough bread making...

Much easier using the flour from the jar 
than grabbing and opening the big heavy and awkward bag from the cupboard.


Cucumbers are growing like weeds!

I am inundated with fresh produce from The Humble Bungalow Garden.
Daily pickings are so rewarding and the flavours are so amazing.


Made fried green tomatoes when a branch broke off...
sauteed in a bit of olive oil
sea salt and topped with Worchestershire Sauce.


Limelight Hydrangeas
are
putting on a spectacular show.

I am going to dry some for the house for the Fall and Winter.


Mr HB planted the vintage garden cart with yellow Dahlias.
I love the whimsy and the pop of colours.


Julia Child Rose


Sunflowers 
grown from seed.

My Friend Rosemarie, from Vancouver, sent me the seeds last Spring.
She sends me unexpected random surprise gifts in the mail!

Thank you dear friend.
XO

August was a VERY busy month with the family.

Birthdays and Cottage time.

On the long weekend I went to White Rock with our son and the three grands...
for the annual back to school shopping trip.


Read a lovely article about Pamela Anderson in BH and G.
She has totally come back to her roots and completely reinvented herself.

Renovated her family home
(which was made into a series)

Produced a documentary
wrote a book "Love Pamela"

Planted a rose garden
is
 growing masses of vegetables.

She bakes sourdough breads, pickles veggies, and makes jam.

She also has a new cookbook coming out in October.

Talk about BUSY!
I am keen to get my hands on it when it comes out!


We explored some of the thrift shops in the White Rock area...
I found some nice things.

A soft wool turtleneck Vera Moda poncho which will be cozy for Fall.
A handmade leather belt made in America.
Silk scarf with hand rolled edges.

All three items cost about $20

We went to IKEA 
Our son bought a few storage boxes and baskets, sheets and duvet covers.

I found basic paper napkins, a dish drying mat and some tea towels.


The highlight was lunch!
Only my second time enjoying their Swedish Meatballs.

Busy place to eat and it is obviously because the food is good!
(and the prices are low)


~ Home Sweet Home ~

Back home...

Quiet day today catching up on laundry and rest.
Made soup for our lunch with the food left in the fridge.
Slim Pickins though...
Have to pop out and get some groceries.

Need to answer some emails...

My first priority was to write and publish a post here 
as it has been a couple of weeks.

Life is Full to the Brim.


~ Jude The Obscure Rose ~

How has your summer been?
Are you ready for Fall?
What is new?

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.



~  Be Well and Be Kind ~

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy girl! I always enjoy the glimpses into your daily life and photos from your beautiful garden. I am looking forward to Fall, Welcome September!

Ann said...

Once again, your roses are beautiful! Glad you had a good end to the summer. We enjoyed a family wedding and now getting ready for some travel. Happy Fall !

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie- I always enjoy reading your posts…thank you!! Sue

Kathryn P said...

You have been busy. As usual, you have some great thrifting finds. And they co-ordinate so well today. A thing I like so much about your posts Leslie, is all the photographs. You have an artistic eye and the photographs are good quality. They create a total package along with what you have written. My new rose I put in a pot has unfolded its first rose. The flower is not what I was expecting. In the space of a day it started off a soft pink and unfolded further into a pinky apricot. Very large flower - 'Litchfield Angel '.

Anonymous said...

What a summer you’ve had. Thank you for sharing it with us. I love your thrift store finds. And all 3 for $20? Well done! I’m glad summer is behind us, actually. I tend to be a titch slothful in the warmer weather. Time to get some writing done now. How do you feel about Fall?

Anonymous said...

I saw on Instagram what a busy August you had, but it all looked like fun. That green heirloom tomato has my mouth watering - they're my favorites.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh a family wedding ! That must have been wonderful :-))
Sounds like your travel plans are coming together....Bon Voyage!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sue...happy to hear that you enjoy these posts.
XO

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I love the sound of the rose...a change of colour and a large bloom!!! I have fun taking photos...and the Iphone makes it easy.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thrifting is a rewarding hobby...I like to find affordable decent things that I can use. What are you writing?
I enjoy the change of seasons and wearing cozy sweaters and starting a few new knitting projects. Time to make soups and stews :-))

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

My husband has grown some new varieties of tomatoes...the heirlooms are full of flavour. We are enjoying the small cherry tomatoes and have been amazed at the amount these plants produce!

Anonymous said...

Glad you have had a good, if busy summer! !! Always nice to have a change in season !! Do you have favourite thrift stores you go to in White Rock ? I live in Chilliwack and I am always looking for a new thrift store !!

Sheila said...

Lovely pictures of your beautiful flowers, Leslie! I love the items you thrifted - there's always treasures to be found!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading the everyday stories of people. I am blessed to visit a large (expensive) senior living quarterly sale. The prices are unbelievable for such upscale items. I have learned to go right to the clothes that are hung up. They are not necessarily the most fancy but they the quality pieces. My closet is full! I do not have the eye for style that you have but I do get some lovely ideas from you. And your jewelry is always gorgeous! As I get older I want to decorate with a base that is acceptable for all seasons and add to it. That way I can easily change things up from season to season and year to year. Enjoy the Autumn season!

HD said...

Pamela Anderson is so attractive without makeup!