Saturday, June 29, 2024

Summer Snippets...gardening and some new clothes!

 


Welcome to The Humble Bungalow Blog!

Everyday life has been getting in the way of me sitting down at the computer...
I am still here!

Gosh where does the time go?

Roses in The Humble Bungalow Garden are BLOOMING.
I LOVE when the roses are in full flush of flower...
Picking roses for a bouquet is a perk 
especially when one grows and tends 30 of these fabulous plants.

Fragrance is a MUST for me when I grow a rose.

I've tried to find a rose perfume that is similar to the heady scents 
that the David Austin varieties are famous for...
I enjoy the intoxicating fragrances as they waft about in the garden.

How has your June been?

Ours has been very busy and flew by so fast...
we were actively working in the garden and created a big new perennial bed.
We shopped for the right plants and then planted them...and shopped again!!



Two new black Adirondack chairs are a welcome addition to the back yard...
a place to sit with a cup of tea or a refreshing cold beverage.

We headed over to the cottage for a week of rest...
I read three books!


Ann Patchett has written another delightful book...Tom Lake.
I loved her book The Dutch House and this one was lovely too.

I stayed up late way past my usual bedtime to finish the book...
that is what I do when a book is exceptional :-))


I mentioned on Instagram that I prefer to wear dresses over shorts...
this new dress from Pokoloko is a wonderful warm weather option.

Woven waffle weave cotton, the slit up the front is another cooling affect!
It is a loose style which allows the air to move.

The black hat is by an Australian company called Kooringal.




I recently consigned 7 garments...most were dresses.

I don't like to have too many things in my tiny closet...
I actually find the decision making process stressful if I have too many choices.
So in an effort to reduce any unwanted stress I keep it simple.


I bought this new linen jacket in about 15 minutes...
it's true.

Hubby and I were on our way to lunch and I stopped in at Glam and Fame 
on Government Street to look at their European Linens...

Apparently it is the largest linen clothing shop in Canada?


Love the pocket detail...
abalone buttons.


Perfect with the Hong Kong Pearls.


I was offered a free scarf in exchange for an online Google rating...
how easy was that?

I want to got back and peruse leisurely...
think it could be my new go to linen location.


~ Thrifted Belt ~


Leather and chrome


Sparkly beads


Dressy and stretchy...
not bad for a thrifted find.

Do you shop in Thrift Stores?


My daily weight training sessions on YouTube are paying off...
my hands feel stronger.
I am able to open jars and grip things better.

20 minutes every morning is really easy to add to my routine.

I am also noticing that my upper arms are not as jiggly :-))
there is more definition...and it has only been 5 weeks since I started.
Hopefully it will help build bone with my recent diagnosis of osteoporosis.
In other news I am not aware of any negative side effects from the Prolia injection.

Fingers crossed this will continue is a positive way...
two shots a year.
The costs are quite high but my doctor says it is the easiest way to get stronger bones.

Do you have osteoporosis?
What are you doing to help improve your bone health?


I almost forgot to mention the vest...
50% off sale 
I've been eyeing these men's wear vests for a few months.
Thinking of Diane Keaton's wardrobe in Annie Hall...
a great layering piece.
Versatile too.


Pink Dogwood in bloom at the cottage.
Such a vibrant shade of pink.

Loads of blooms on the small tree.
Makes such a BOLD statement.


Am so glad that I bought this blue and white transferware platter.
It was a find at Kay's Korner in the Cook Street Village.
I have had it about 6 months now...

I hadn't realized that the cottage was already showcasing BLUES...
we don't have any blue pieces in The Humble Bungalow.

So this blue and white colour pallette 
fills me with gladness and I am truly happy that I have a few 
BLUE and WHITE things 
in the cottage that are vintage.

Little things that elevate the way we feel about our space is pure JOY.


~ Sea Glass ~ 

My ankle continues to improve...
I take my walking stick when I go to the beach as the shore is uneven
Am very comfortable walking with it...think it has a beachy vibe!
It also has become a conversation starter!!!



~ Sweet Peas ~

We grow them and the best thing is...
their fragrance
plus
they produce more flowers IF you pick them regularly!


Most recent Thrift Shop Find...
it may just look like an old piece of wood and it is just that!!


I have plans for this board...
it will be a great base for cheese and crackers
appetizers
bread.


I saw many antique French boards when I was in the quaint French villages...
Aix en Provence had a huge variety of these boards.
I loved the brocantes...

Wanted to buy some things when we were there but I was travelling with a carry on
 so I could not really justify the added weight!

Was very excited to find this gem...
old and distressed with genuine wood worm holes.


Well I think that is all the news I have for now...
More gardening is on the horizon...

Hope that you are enjoying your summer.

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

3 comments:

francesray.substack.com said...

As usual, an interesting potpourri of topics and photos. I especially like the one of you and Mr. HB. The new dress is a wonderful find.

Anonymous said...

Hello Hostess. What YouTube weight video do you watch? Good
to know you’re seeing results

Jeannine said...

What a delightful post, as usual! I'm impressed with your weight program and the differences you're noticing. Well done!