Sunday, October 29, 2023

A quick post ~ Sunday

 

~ Shopping ~

My Play day involved a purchase...


Marshall's dressing rooms are quite small...
there are many of them so one never really needs to wait to get inside.

I had a good look around the store and found 
only 2 items that I was interested enough to try on.


~ Casual OOTD ~

I am wearing my Lands End denim shirt and some black Yoga pants.
The barn coat is Ralph Lauren and was recently found here at Marshall's.


Warm Hoodie to wear to and from my aqua fit classes at the pool.
I feel cold after I have been exercising for the hour in the water.
I have a shower and slather on body lotion then get dressed.


It is a herringbone pattern in my favourite color combo!
So soft, very cozy feels so warm.


Rachel Zoe


Pocket detail


Nice hood and there are snap details on the cuffs as well.

I've got the family coming for dinner tonight so I am going to be busy in the kitchen getting ready...hence the short post.

On the menu...

"Stringy Beef" Roast
Scalloped potatoes
Carrots
Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole
Peas

Blueberry Pie and ice cream for dessert


Must get cooking!
Bye for now...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

8 comments:

Patricia said...

Your B/W hoodie is absolutely lovely, and looks soooo warm. You really are a great shopper. Love those white roses! Happy Halloween..

Brenda N said...

Hi Leslie, What an adorable hoodie! I just got a silky blouse in an identical black & white houndstooth pattern. I haven't had a chance to wear it yet, still too warm down here.
Your dinner menu sounds fantastic, enjoy. :)

Sheila said...

I appreciate that you keep to a mostly black and white palette with your clothes. Lovely roses.

Carolyn said...

Hi Leslie, You can always tell by the expression on a person's face, when they put on something they love. That shows in your hoodie picture. :)

Could you please share your Broccoli Wild Rice Casserole recipe? Thanks so much . Carolyn

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Patricia ~ I wore my hoodie to the pool and I was so warm on the ride home in the car...it was a great buy and I will enjoy wearing it. Happy Halloween!

Brenda N ~ Dinner was good and we had leftovers last night...tonight we are expecting quite a few trick or treaters...Easy supper here I am making sausages,a green pea risotto and sliced tomatoes

Sheila ~ Those roses were taken at Government House last summer! It is the wall by the tearoom...black and white is a simple easy color combination to wear and accessorize.

Carolyn ~ The recipe for the wild rice broccoli casserole is from The Best of The Best of Bridge cookbook...1 Uncle Ben's package of wild rice mix cooked according to directions on the box, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (don't add any extra water) 1 head of broccoli cut off and use only the florets, 2 cups grated cheddar cheese. Mix in a large casserole dish and bake for an hour.

16 blessings'mom said...

I also love that new hoodie! I also go to water aerobics, three mornings a week, and hop in the shower afterwards...it's more challenging when the temperatures drop. It snowed here this morning, ugh, but the pool was still fantastic. Mind over matter, just get up and go! I love the black coat too, it looks super cozy. Thank you for sharing.
Della

Carolyn said...

Thanks so much Leslie for the recipe. I am looking forward to making it. We had 97 trick or treaters and shut off the lights when we get close to 100, for fear of running out of chocolate bars. We woke up to snow this week - luckily it did not stick around. Carolyn

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

16 blessings mom ~ I am impressed by your large family Della. Snow seems early but you are on the east coast where the weather is much colder...hope that you are able to attend your pool aquatics when it snows. We have grey skies here this morning, no winds and the temperature is hovering around 10 degrees celsius.
Enjoy your week!

Carolyn ~ Snow in early November :-)) Wow...hope you enjoy the recipe. We are having a typical autumn day here at the cottage...grey skies, threat of rain but nothing too unsettling. We'll still be out for our walks...just took my sourdough bread boule out of the oven...smells delicious!
Have a fun week!