Wednesday, November 9, 2022

OOTD ~ SNOW DAY and Baby it's cold outside!


~ Snow Day Selfie ~

I am getting ready to head out in the snow...
Snow does not usually make an appearance until after Christmas
so I was caught scrambling for my woolen accessories.
I popped on my boiled wool Eileen Fisher sweater overtop of a black camisole.
Layering is the warmest way to dress in this chilly weather.


~ OOTD ~
The cashmere Burberry scarf is ages old...maybe 10 years or more.
My hat is one I wore in Paris in 2015...Andre Diffusion with a feather pin.
The bag is vintage Due Fratelli.
My down Puffer coat is by Columbia and has a thermal foil-like lining in the body.
Super warm but bulky!
My dear departed Mom used to say...
"Darling Why don't you just wrap yourself in a Down Duvet?"

(I wear them simply because they are warm.)


Early morning routines...
candles, coffee, and my book.

I enjoyed this book...
set in Ontario Canada, in an Italian community.
I read Anne Giardini's The Sad Truth About Happiness and enjoyed it.
 When I spied this novel at the bookstore on Pender Island I grabbed it.


Chester and Pepper are snuggling...
a rare sight!
Perhaps it is the cold weather that encouraged them to sleep side by side?


Staying indoors has inspired me to bake.
I found this recipe online.

Cream Cheese Pound Cake
a heavy cake but oh so delicious!
Blackberries and whipped cream elevated it to a divine dessert.


You can see that the snow is melting on the porch.
The sun is warming us up...


I added a vintage Sherman Pin.
The rhinestones sparkle brightly set on a black background.
I love adding Vintage accessories...
they are unique, 
often found at thrift shops and can add a personal touch.

Do you wear Vintage pieces?
I'd love to know more about your vintage pieces.

I must close for now as I am heading out to the knitting group
we meet in a friends home, knit, chat and sip tea.
It's a fabulous way to be social and share our projects.
CHEERIO

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~
 

4 comments:

Susan said...

What a cheerful post! I love the remark that you think your mother would have made. I also have a small collection of vintage sparkly pins, but never wear them. Yours looks great on your black coat and will inspire me to wear mine. They are mostly heart shaped.

Sheila said...

This cold weather has been a shock, hasn't it? We had temps in the mid-20s only 3 weeks ago! I also layer - this cold is so damp. I adore your beautiful hat, L - and noticed the pins right away. I also have some Sherman sets (even a full parure in Aurora Borealis!), but my passion is Renoir/Matisse 1950s copper (I have about 40 pieces, including a massive solid copper belt). I've recently started collection Robert Larin and some of the other 70s Montreal Brutalists.

Aw, your boys look so sweet in that pic. Vizzini has been very cuddly, especially when I'm using my electric lap-blanket!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Mom thought we should be super stylish no matter what the weather! She didn't appreciate activewear or puffer coats! Oh I hope that you bring out your sparkly brooches and wear them Susan, they can elevate a simple look and add some whimsy.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I was very surprised that we had a snowfall so early! I cannot remember having snow in November. Mom had those Sherman sets...my father used to give them to her for special occasions...my sister has them.
Robert Larin mid century modern jewelry is really lovely...also very popular. When I had my case at Vanity Fair Antique Mall I sold quite a bit of it.
Hope Vizzini is feeling better.