Tuesday, May 3, 2022

OOTD ~ vintage classics


~ OOTD ~

Burberry quilted jacket
Dex lace top
Eileen Fisher rayon pants
Ferragamo flats


Vintage eel skin bag
a mix of textures...
shiny, quilted, lacy, smooth
neutral shades


I shopped my closet...
for a celebratory birthday dinner out with our daughter and her husband.

I haven't forgotten "how" to dress up 
I am just "out of the habit!"

Gosh it felt wonderful going out for a delicious meal prepared by someone else 
and 
I didn't have to do the washing up!


Our garden is looking quite lovely.
Flowers are blooming, the grass is green and the roses are in bud.

There is so much to be grateful for in my daily round...

Chester our cat had surgery last week to remove a stone from his bladder.
He was very wobbly the first day and has continued to improve.
His appetite has come back and he has already gained weight.

I had been so very stressed with his failing health and am so relieved that we finally got a diagnosis and that surgery would fix the problem.

His early renal failure is going to be monitored closely,
we will continue to feed him the special food.
Hopefully he will be with us for a few more years.

He's such an affectionate little guy and has a very "big" personality.

In other news, 
I had my third IPL treatment for rosacea,
 my skin is looking much better.
The treatments are not too painful but they are expensive.

I purchased a skin repair cream by Skin Medica.
It is a rich thick cream that I apply before bedtime.
It soaks in and I have noticed my skin is much softer and hydrated.


Herbs are planted in pots by the basement door for easy picking.

I ordered a new Pasta cookbook and plan to try some new recipes.
My husband loves pasta and I make it once a week.

The book is an older publication, I found it at Thrift Books.

Healthy Pasta: The Sexy, Skinny, and Smart Way To Eat Your Favourite Food
It is written by Joseph Bastianich and Tanya Bastianich Manuali

Going to try a bunch of new recipes when it arrives.

How are things going with you?

Thank you for stopping by The Humble Bungalow Blog.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh, I'm so happy to hear about Chester! Sending good vibes his way! Your skin looks amazing! That treatment and/or the cream are really working.

Shopping your closet is so fun - but it's like any exercise when we don't do it all the time! The "muscle" gets weak - so keep dressing up!

Have a great week - looks like we are in for rain rain rain. Good for the garden!

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! I'm having trouble commenting with my name anymore. I was one of the Anonymous comments on your last post and here I am again - Anonymous! Haha! - Jeannine

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

It is a huge relief knowing that Chester has had the diagnosis and treatment Sheila. I am trying to get back into dressing better for any occasion other than my walks!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Jeannine! I wonder what is happening to Blogger? Comments are becoming more difficult! Thank you for letting me know.

Polly said...

Your skin looks lovely. I'm glad Chester is on the mend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Polly, hope you are keeping well.
Thankfully Chester is feeling so much better and his appetite has returned. Take care.

Michelle said...

Nice score with the handbag! Whenever I am in Victoria I try to get into a shop or two.Glad your kitty is on the mend; our pets are so dear to us.