Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Snippets on a sunny afternoon...


The sunshine has spurred me on to write a wee post and check in here on the blog.

Today we are fortunate to have the sun shine down on us.


Mount Baker
viewed from The Esplanade in Oak Bay.

A glorious day outside, with a gentle breeze.
We managed a lovely walk along the seafront.
My 5 km walks are really helping me get stronger and feel more flexible.

I've cut back on carbohydrates, added oodles of veggies and am rationing wine.

The good news is that the scale tells me I have lost 5 pounds...
now the next goal will be 5 more pounds.

The scale is not the only gauge when it comes to fitness...

my clothes don't feel so snug
my tummy is ever-so-slightly smaller
my legs are more muscular
more energy
and
I feel very encouraged and more in control.


Chester is slowly gaining weight.
He's refused the prescribed canned food and is happy with the "early renal" type kibble.
We are feeding him Fancy Feast, offering him extra tablespoon several times a day.

He is acting more like his usual self.
This is great news!

Thank you so much to those of you who have emailed asking about his health.


On a recent walk I stopped in at Super Chance
a local consignment shop in James Bay.

I spied this pretty transferware covered dish...
not sure where I would put it at the time,
but I felt confident that I would find a suitable spot.


Inside I have all my make-up brushes.

De-cluttering has been an ongoing activity here in The Humble Bungalow.
There is a cardboard box out on the boulevard 
where I place unwanted items most days.
They disappear quite quickly!


Crocus out front in The Humble Bungalow Garden.

Flowers are blooming and the snowdrops are showing their white faces.
Spring is in the air.

We're off to the garden centre tomorrow...
we lost a few plants during the last snowfall and have some empty pots that need filling, one of my favourite places to go at this time of year.

Perusing the new and different varieties of flowers and plants is so inspiring.

We've been watching Carol Klein Great British Gardens on You Tube.
It is filmed throughout the 4 seasons.

Are you finding inspiration in the garden?

On PBS we are watching All Creatures Great and Small 
and 
The Seaside Hotel.

The Seaside Hotel is Danish and has subtitles.

It was recommended by Rosemarie in Vancouver.
(thank you Rosemarie, I am enjoying it)

She and I have met up for tea at Abkhazi Gardens, lunch at a pub in The Cook Street Village and appetizers at Cactus Club on Robson.
We try to get together as often as she is here in Victoria or when I go to Vancouver.

Hope that you are staying safe and keeping amused.

Until next time...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

6 comments:

sensitive poet said...

(Writing from Ottawa) wish we had your snowdrops and crocuses (beautiful photo BTW). We have to wait another 6 weeks at the earliest, and possibly 8-10 weeks if spring is late in arriving. You are so fortunate!

Lorrie said...

It's always nice to see a post from you. Congratulations on your first 5 pound loss. That's very encouraging! Your transferware dish is a pretty find, and perfect for makeup brushes. These sunny days are so lovely and I feel more energetic.

Anonymous said...

I love your covered dish! What a find. I have a few pieces of brown transferware myself and they look beautiful anywhere. Could you tell me the name of the apricot rose on your sidebar? I have many roses but am always on the lookout for a good apricot one- one of the colors I love most.
Debbie

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sending you some virtual sunshine today! Hope you are not close to the noise and chaos of the protest downtown. We often get a dump of snow in March so I have my fingers crossed that we can move directly into Spring...take care.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Lorrie!
It's a wee bit overcast today and quite brisk...plus its windy. I needed my scarf and gloves for my walk. Hope you enjoy the weekend.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Debbie I was surprised to find the antique covered dish in such good condition. sounds like we share a love of transferware...the rose is Abraham Darby...it is a combination of pink and apricot.
Climbing Royal Sunset is an apricot orange rose that has an intense fragrance, if you can find one grab it! They are hardy and reliable.