Sunday, December 12, 2021

OOTD a fabulous dinner and something new...

 


OOTD
I had my hair flat ironed for a festive holiday dinner.
I don't own a flat iron and I am not great at straightening my hair with the blow dryer.

It's fun to play around with hair styles...
wavy, curly, messy up do's and simple pony tails.


Red ballet flats for a pop of colour.


A black dress with capri tights.
Sparkly Sherman rhinestone brooch for a wee bit of festive fun.

With a minimal wardrobe that is mostly black
it's easy to get dressed 
I always add a few accessories to lighten the overall look.


My friend Julie hosted a lovely gathering last evening.
Her home radiates warmth and was bright with very festive accents.


Here is the French Themed menu...
so delicious!


Cozy, charming and elegant.





Julie is multi talented...
she is so incredibly creative!
Julie sews, decorates, gardens, cooks,...
I don't think there is anything that Julie cannot do!

Thank you for the lovely evening.

I might be rushing the season a bit...
when I saw that Charlotte of Vivi et Margot had a sale...
I pounced!


New French Market basket from Vivi et Margot.


Love the long leather straps that make this a hands free option!


Will be a workhorse throughout the year...
toting around an assortment of things and market ready.


I made a double batch of whipped shortbread cookies.
The recipe is "an oldie but a goodie."

It is in The Best of the Best of Bridge Cookbook.
They are quick and easy to make and they melt in your mouth!


I found this wee festive tray at the Pharmasave in Oak Bay.
Thought it would be versatile and I can use it for veggies and dip, nuts and dried fruit or cookies.


Seasons Greetings
from
The Humble Bungalow.

Best wishes for a safe and Happy Holiday.


~ Be Well and Be Kind ~ 

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

It's fun to play around with new hairstyles from time to time. You look chic and comfortable in your outfit. Dinner with friends is such a treat these days, and your friend provided all the ingredients for a lovely evening together. Enjoy these pre-Christmas days!

materfamilias said...

What a festive post -- your dinner evening sounds wonderful -- such a beautiful setting!
And your market basket is ever so covetable! You pounced wisely! ;-)

Susan said...

Your hair looks fabulous! What a fun change for an evening. The dinner party looks so elegant and well planned. Merry Christmas Leslie to you and your family.

Patricia said...

Your hair looks great! I have one of those flat hair irons, but find it quite difficult to handle. It is better if a hairdresser does it. The dinner looks superb, and I love the menu with the French hens. That is a cute tray, and the cookies will look very pretty on it. Happy Christmas prep.

mars said...

I love your hair like that. I'm afraid I will burn myself with the flat iron but I have had my hair done at the hairdresser.
Dinner looks lovely.