Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Changing Seasons...

Fall is in the Air


A close up of a bloom from Joesph's Coat Rose.

I love the curled petals and the vibrant colours.
Peeking out from deep inside are the frilly stamens.

Such a beauty.


The Arbutus Tree 
illuminated by the early morning sunshine.
You can see the heavy dew on the glass of the deck.

Fall is in the air.
Cooler mornings and early sunsets.

Time to stay in and read...


Louise Penny has done it again!

A fabulous mystery for Armand Gamache to solve.
Set in Paris 
it starts out in the Musee Rodin Garden
(I was there this past October)

Familiar shops, cafes and avenues in Paris.
The Marais and the 6th and 7th arrondissements are featured in the story.

I love the Gamache series mysteries.
I highly recommend this one.


Foggy morning at the Cottage.


Sunny afternoons.


Sitting on the deck in the fresh air watching the boats go by...
the seas twinkling in the warm sunshine.

This feels "normal" even though we are in the midst of a pandemic.

Being outdoors is such a tonic...

  I am rather concerned about the change in season.
We will be inside more often.

 I know that I will need to get outside regularly to feel healthy.
My well being and positivity depends on fresh air and nature.

It will take more effort to stay motivated and get out and about in the inclement weather.


Bundling up in a soft scarf to help keep the chill away will help.

This beautiful scarf is by the French Company Letol.

I'll be swapping out my summer clothes for fall and winter soon.
Long sleeves and cozy cashmere sweaters...
woolly socks and layers.


Gorgeous 
Dahlias in brilliant shades from the Pender Island Farmer's Market.

Flowers and foliage in autumnal colours are harbingers of Fall.


I spied a wee tree frog in the planter by the grocery store.
They have a deep croak ( ribbet ribbet) which sounds like it would come from a huge toad.

This wee little fellow was making quite the cacaphony of sound!

It entertained many of us as we waited patiently in line up outside the store.
Masked up and ready to shop in the safety of fewer numbers.

Our "new normal" continues...

It is not as if we rise each day expecting it to change.

We CAN hope and dream...

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."

~ Desmond Tutu ~

I will close for now and embrace the message of this quote.

Reflecting on all that is posititve and for the many things that I have been blessed with in gratitude.

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~



16 comments:

gwenrob said...

I need to find some yarn to match that gorgeous Joseph's Coat rose. What a shawl that would be! Stay safe...

eleni said...

Snap! Just purchased this latest Louise Penny mystery. Usually I pick them up at the library but decided a small treat was in order. I do enjoy your garden pictures.

Jeannine said...

Your blue and white scarf is beautiful!

Lorrie said...

There is much beauty in the world even now and you've focused on that. As fall approaches (and today it feels like it's here to stay) and we are indoors more, we will have to treat ourselves to little things to lift our spirits. Reading is one way I do that. Wasn't the latest LP good? Beautiful roses, Leslie.

annette said...

Yes! Louise Penny.I have loved her books from the start and this latest is exceptional.I savored it,as we must wait another year. Beautiful scarf! Thank you for sharing these moments with us.

Margie from Toronto said...

That first photo of the rose is wonderful - what an unusual variety! And I do love that blue & white scarf.
Last week was wonderful, a wonderful clear sky with lots of sun and a cool wind most days - it really felt like Fall. This week is a bit warmer but very cool overnight with a chill to the wind so you no that things really are changing.
I am slowly changing over my wardrobe - only bought the basics this year with the exception of a deep plum cashmere sweater that I got for about 40% of the original price. I don't really want to sped too much money on anything unnecessary at the moment - not knowing how things will pan out over the next few months.
I intend to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible - walking is really the main thing that we all do - aside from the occasional patio visit. There is a run on outdoor heaters right now for both the restaurants and for backyards!
I will do a swap with a friend once she has finished the Louise Penny - I have the new Ava Lee so it saves each of us a bit of money.
Enjoy the cool weather.

La Contessa said...

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SOOTHING POST!
YOUR COTTAGE IS STUNNING!
LOVE THE TOAD/FROG...........I have yet to stand in a LINE to grocery shop!I would say IAM LUCKY!!!
HOPE YOU are well and a new POST is up over with me as I have been HACKED and NO longer exist on INSTAGRAM!XX

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have seen some lovely yarn with those shades. Have fun knitting your shawl it will be beautiful and perfect for the cooler weather!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Enjoy the book! I will be passing my copy around to friends. We have torrential rain here these past few days..,hope there will not be catastrophic floods.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Jeannine 💙 I wear it a lot!
Hope that you are keeping well.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Little things that lift our spirits are so necessary...I look for pops of colour and natural beauty when I am outside. Indoors I light candles and make tea a special ritual by using a silver tray and pretty tea cups.
The book was fun and I did love seeing Paris through Louise’s eyes!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Annette the only downside of finishing this book is knowing that we have to wait another year for her next one! Louise’s books are so amazing.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Walking is going to be wet this week! We have torrential rains. I want to buy a waterproof coat in a bright cheery colour like yellow or red!
Cashmere sweaters are a wise investment and the plum colour sounds sumptuous. You will enjoy wearing it. Sharing books with friends makes so much sense. I do the same.
Take care and stay safe.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hacked? Oh no!!!
I hope that you can figure out how to fix the problem. I am wondering if there will be covered areas for shoppers to wait in line ups in the cold rainy windy days ahead ? If not I may need to buy groceries online. Our Covid cases are creeping up here so we are trying to keep our bubbles really small.
Take care and stay safe Elizabeth.
Good luck fixing your IG.

Madame La-Bas said...

I really enjoyed the latest Louise Penny books. I think a colourful waterproof overgarment would be a valuable acquisition. My daughter just got a new pair of Hunter boots since she wore her last ones out. Rainwear is so important if we want to keep our spirits up. I share all my books and then I donate them to our neighbourhood library. Reading is a good way to spend our pandemic days.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I swapped out my summer clothing and hung it in the guest room and brought up some of my winter garments. I left the dressy stuff in the closet as I probably won’t have an occasion to wear it until the pandemic is over. I found a rain jacket that I purchased on sale at the end of the season last year that I completely forgot about! It’s white and grey...Eddie Bauer. Not a bright cheery red or yellow but at least I have a waterproof coat! I’ll still keep my eyes open for one should I see a suitable one.
Reading has kept me “entertained” these past few months and I suspect it will for many months to come! Take care.