Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Simply white...Home, garden and clothing.


Fluffy White Hydrangeas




Romneya coulteri


Thick white towels
Marigold the Mouse appreciates their softness.


White vintage ironstone platter
homemade rose scented bath salts
Avene thermal water
 (hot flash relief!)


Customize your bath salts with essential oils.
 I usually opt for lavender or rose.


Eileen Fisher 
I admire her philosophy and thinking when it comes to a minimal wardrobe.


Fresh out of the package.
I purchased a pair of jeans and a black cotton gauzy top at the EF shop on South Granville in Vancouver and I really wanted a white one too.
They didn't have one in stock but they could order one from the Toronto store 
with free delivery too!

 I jumped at the chance and it just arrived on the doorstep.
I'll need to give it a quick iron before wearing it 
but then it will be ready for the "mix and match ups"
as
it gets rotated in my basic black and white wardrobe.


Lands' End Towels
They are plush cotton and last a long time.
Great value and when on sale very affordable.


Natural accents
like this piece of coral 
add a touch of texture and they feel serene and calm.



The light from the window illuminates the pairing.


Beautiful white roses juxtaposed against this old rock wall.




A bar of soap set upon in a simple white soap dish.


White is a calm colour but it can make a BOLD statement.


One of my favourite bloggers
please pop by and check out her beautiful posts
she's so beautiful and her posts are inspiring.

Until next time...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

20 comments:

Susan said...

What a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

I, too, am a big fan of detox bathing. Soothing and relaxing in the soaking tub. White clothing and flowers are wonderful, especially in the heat of our summer weather. White in the garden draws the eye and is so nicely visible at night. Your white hydrangeas are very robust. They look fantastic and even prize winning! A garden paradise... Susan

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a lovely post and on what is a very, very hot day so refreshing. Thank you!

Madame Là-bas said...

I'm going to make your bath salts because I'm trying to avoid plastic. I could make them and put them in a glass jar. We have white hydrangeas in my complex but they are behind the barricade and are not being watered. I hope that they survive. I visited Janet and she seems such a brave and resilient woman. I started a new book today. Have you read Resistance Women by Jennifer Chiaverini? The book club is going to read a new Kristin Hannah. I want a new pair of black jeans. Did EF have them in petite? If you're on South Granville, you might visit ECW (Edward Chapman Woman). It's a lot like W and J Wilson. When there's a sale, there are bargains to be had.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Thank you Susan ! 👍

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

The Epsom salts are very good for aching muscles especially after a long day working in the garden. The rose scent lingers and it feels wonderful just bathing before bedtime. One of life’s little luxuries.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Sounds like you are in the midst of a heatwave. Hope you are finding some shade in your garden.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have given these bath salts away as hostess gifts. You can find glass jars in many thrift shops or use recycled ones like Bonnie Maman jam jars. I have not read that book but I did read The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah. The petite jeans were in a dark wash blue denim. I think they had black too but maybe phone and make sure. They have such beautiful clothing and there were some things on sale. I used to shop in Edward Chapman when we lived in Burnaby and I worked at UBC...I think the shop was on 10th or 14th very much like W&J Wilson.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful white flowers!
Your EF top is lovely...black and white-always so elegant
Dottoressa

Anonymous said...

Your collection of white is lovely, very peaceful and calming.
Thank you for posting, fingers crossed that I might be able to comment today!
Suz from Vancouver

hollybholly said...

This post was positively dreamy...

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am always drawn to black and white outfits, all black or all white also feel very elegant and yet subtle and simple.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Hi Suz...your comment appeared and here it is!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Some posts almost write themselves and this was one of the easiest to complie and publish. Perhaps I could say it was like a dream :-))

Jeannine said...

Such a cooling post - I think it's all the white in the midst of a hot summer. Wonderful! Yes, I do follow Janet. She and you are my favorites :-)

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh my goodness you are having a heat wave! Glad that I could help cool you off for a few minutes!!

KSL said...

Your house is just so so charming. I love white (and black) - white is so fresh and relaxing. You have marvelous taste.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh my that is lovely to hear ! The original architect was Milo S Farwell who worked out of Seattle and San Francisco. I would love to see more of his work. There are several other arts and crafts homes and bungalows in Victoria that he designed. Black and white are great colours together in clothing and home decor...I love white flowers and have a bit of an obsession with black mondo grass!

Anonymous said...

I gasp at the prices but love EF. Fortunately careful patience means I find deals at consignment stores.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I think its best to shop the EF sales...I have found a couple of her pieces at consignment shops.