Tuesday, March 26, 2019

A symphony in blue and white and the May box from My Stylish French Country Box!

Do you love the classic combination of blue and white?


I particularly love blue and white porcelain and dishes...


The bowls are made by a local potter by the name of Harumi Ota.
The wee whimsical footed vessel is by local artist Robert Amos.






Sweet tumbling bunnies 





The writing on the pot says...

"Flick as flowflakes, litters from aloft."

I have a few other pieces with blue and white...
a transfer ware patterned tray and a vase.

Sharon Santoni's Intsagram post popped up 
and
 My Stylish French Country Box
telling followers that the May delivery box theme is blue and white!

It should be a very elegant box...
now I am dreaming of a symphony of blue and white! 

To order a box click this link...
you'll be glad that you did!

Cheerio for now...

~ Be Well and Be Kind ~

12 comments:

Susan said...

I love blue and white and always have. I should send you a photo of the plates in my kitchen. Thank you for sharing this!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

These are all such lovely pieces. I love blue and white too, it is so classic and always seems to fit in anywhere. Have you subscribed to Sharon's magazine? I haven't yet, but intend too. She is totally amazing.

Jeannine said...

A HUGE YES - to blue and white! Your pieces are wonderful.

materfamilias said...

I love these pieces so much. I think I need to look for some of Harumi Ota's work next time I'm in Victoria. Thanks for sharing yours. . .

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

Oh I would love to see some of your blue and white plates!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I have subscribed to the boxes and I am a huge fan and I am an ambassador now.
If you click on the link in my post it will take you to the site where you can view the contents of the previous boxes and read comments from the recipients and you can order a box or become an annual subscriber like me! I absolutely love these boxes !!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I love seeing blue and white porcelain plates! My favourite is a blue and white bowl full of yellow 🍋 lemons or a blue and white vase with yellow 🌼 flowers!

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

He frequently has a stall at ghevMoss Street market on Saturdays and his work can be purchased at Eclectic Gallery in Oak Bay...I have my eye on a beautiful tray of his in a similar blue and white pattern...it would be wonderful for a tomato 🍅 and boccochini salad with basil!

Anonymous said...

I love Harumi Ota's pottery. I have been trying to talk myself out of buying any for a long time. Ceramics are a weakness of mine.
Ali

KSL said...

Blue and white is always so fresh. Great pieces.

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

I am smitten with another Harumi Ota piece...it’s a tray which would be very versatile as well as beautiful! 💙

hostess of the humble bungalow said...

You need to go back to the blog and I click the notify me box...I cannot do that fit you as you are responding as anonymous.